Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Foward to 2014: Resolutions!

Today is the last day of 2013, and I have to say I'm not exactly sorry to see this year go.
It has been a very tough year for me, emotionally the worst year of my life and I sure hope there won't come another to top this one.

Not everything has been bad, of course, and once again I was quite thankful to have my books to get me to weather the rough times. I have the best friends ever, but I am not good at sharing when I'm going through tough stuff. I will be trying to keep the best of 2013 in mind and try not to dwell on the bad.

I'm hoping 2014 will be better and I'm gonna be working on it. My main two resolutions for the new year are:

-  Smile more

- Love more

And in the book blogging side of resolutions... I have a pair too.

- Read more
- Enjoy what I read more




I've got myself into 4 challenges and I have a looooooooooong TBR pile but I'm determined to improve my reading to reviewing ratio, and I will allow myself to enjoy the book hangovers. The bf told me I needed to enjoy the books I read more and not just jump from one to another, and I intend to do just that, no matter how long my ARCs list is or how towering the TBR pile gets. I've always loved books and I will be sure I am enjoying them as much as I can.

Happy 2014!! Smile, Love, Read!



To end the year right, meet Dory! Nothing like puppy love!

18 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww puppyyyyyy! :D <3
    I need to read more as well, if I ever want to tackle my ever growing TBR pile.
    Happy New Year, may it be 100x better than 2013! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Ula! And yes, for a much better 2014! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! Your resolutions are perfect for everybody. Wish your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals. I think as reviewers we all at some point make reading become a chore that we want to finish faster, when it's supposed to be fun. I'm going to do the same and enjoy them more. I hope you have a wonderful new year!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, P.E.!
      I'm hoping this will be a great year for all of us!

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this was such a rough year for you, but wish you lots of health and happiness and BOOK LOVE for 2014! One of my goals is to improve my reading to reviewing ratio, too. We'll see how that goes. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! Wishing you the best also on the new year!
      Hopefully our reading/reviewing will improve!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh - Dory is so precious!

    Good luck with your resolutions - both the personal ones and the book ones. I fully support enjoying books more! :) For me, that will hopefully come about by being more selective about the ARCs I request and not jumping on everything that has a pretty cover or a nice synopsis.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I will have to work on being more selective about the ARCs myself!

      Delete
  6. Aww Dory looks adorable! I'm sorry that 2013 was rough for you emotionally, but I hope you have a much better 2014. Hopefully there will be lots of good books to get you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dory is the best! She's so spunky and adorable!
      Yeah, 2014 is gonna be awesome book wise and I'm gonna work on making it equally awesome all around!
      Happy New Year, Sam!

      Delete
  7. CUTE puppy! Want to snuggle that cute puppy :-) I love your resolutions. Happy New Year Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dory is so adorable! She's my brother's dog's puppy, and she'll be moving with us in a pair of months or so! I'll be posting more photos of her for sure!
      Thank you, Kristen!

      Delete
  8. And...I hit publish too soon. I didn't know you had a rough year and I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm hoping 2014 is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristen! I'm hoping it'll be, and I do plan to do everything in my power to do so! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. Lovely post. <3 Aw, I'm sorry 2013 wasn't so good for you :( hoping this year will be lots better :D And aw. Adorable dog. <3 Happy reading sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! I'm hoping for a much better 2014!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!