Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Reads: Mini Reviews: Proxy and Annie and Fia!

I'm gonna start this week's Friday Reads with a pair of Mini Reviews for two novellas that released this week.



Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)Annie and Fia by Kiersten White

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Annie and Fia is a short novella that can be considered a prequel to Mind Games. It is told in the same way that Mind Games was, jumping through time in each chapter and alternating between Fia and Annie's POVs.

We get a look at some of the events that shaped the Annie and Fia that we met in Mind Games, some of the events that seemed to have been the turning point for both of them. We get to see Annie's first vision and we get to see how she had to deal with people being cruel to her. And we see Fia losing her innocence and getting herself tangled more and more in the darker side of the "school" and how she keeps on putting Annie before her every time.

Might be cause of its short length or maybe cause we've already heard about some of the events that happen, or we already see the sisters changed in Mind Games, this one didn't seem to add that much to the overall story for me, maybe a bit more understanding to the way Annie clings to the only happiness she had in the school and how Fia seems to sacrifice everything to keep Annie happy.

All in all, 3 stars for me.




Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)Proxy by Mindee Arnett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Proxy is a prequel novella for the new science fiction series by Mindee Arnett.

In Proxy we meet all the main characters that we will be following in Avalon, the first book in the series, Jeth and the rest of the Shades. We are introduced to them and what they do for a living. We're thrown right away into the action and we get to know the characters by the way they act.

I was quite excited about Proxy cause it is an introduction to the world of Avalon and I'm happy to report that I'm already in love with Jeth and his band of smart misfits! I am a lover of science fiction and if Avalon is like Proxy, it is quite promising! Full of action, with enough development to make you care for them and look forward to read more about them. There were no hints at a romance at all, and I wouldn't be upset if there was none in Avalon. Not that I don't appreciate a well done romance, but I feel like I need a bit of a break and reading some adventures in space without romance taking over the plot sounds great.

There's also the first chapter of Avalon at the end of Proxy and damn, does it leave you wanting more!

4 well deserved stars to this introduction to the Avalon world.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!