A new weekly feature for the blog! Monday Munchies!
Monday Munchies are my way of sharing recipes I love to start the week with something yummy to look forward to! They might not be an every week feature though, but now and then, you'll be getting one!
Today's recipe is from a Spanish magazine called "Cocina Fácil" (Easy Cooking) and it's one of my favourite dishes, yummy, super easy to make and total comfort food!
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
- 800 gr chicken breasts.
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (also known as Módena vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Mashed Potatoes (you can use a ready made mix, I just make them from scratch).
- Cut the chicken breasts in bite sized pieces & season them with the salt & pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium size pan (a wok would work too) on high and fry the chicken on all sides till golden.
- Lower the gas, add some more salt & pepper to taste, add the honey, the vinegars, and small glass of water. Let the chicken boil on low gas for about ten minutes, till the mix begins to thicken and look like caramel.
- If it gets too dry too soon, add some more water and simmer for an extra 5 minutes.
- While it boils prepare the mashed potatoes. I just boil the potatoes (make sure you so this in advance, so the chicken doesn't get cold while you prep the mashed potatoes), mash them with a fork and add the butter & milk and voilá, done!
- Distribute the mashed potatoes on the plate, and serve the chicken on top of it, all piping hot!
Yummy!! Will have to write down the recipe. Love chicken - it's so quick and easy :)ReplyDelete
Looooooove the cooking post :D :D
You know, I am on the move so I am not cooking so much. So I am totally itching to do some cooking and baking right now :D
The dish looks so yummy ... I am hungry now ;)
you had me at mashed potatoes. on the pile of recipes to try!!! =)ReplyDelete
Looks delicious and fairly simple to prepare, perfect! Also, anything served with mashed potatoes is my kind of meal!ReplyDelete
Those pictures are making my mouth water!!ReplyDelete
I also love the martini sticker above your stove ;)