Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #57!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

This week I'm absolutely dying and I will be stalking the postman like there's no tomorrow for my preordered copy of Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas! I'm SO DAMNED excited for this book I preordered the US hardback since it releases on Sept 2nd so I don't have to wait till my Kindle preorder downloads on Sept 11th!! Not happy that Amazon ES decided to go with UK dates on this one!





 Goodreads Summary:

"Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?"



Why am I eagerly awaiting Heir of Fire? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? How can I not when Crown of Midnight gave me the biggest book hangover of last year?? And that ending?? CRUELEST OF CRUELS cliffhangers!! And every book is this series has been better than the previous, so that's quite saying something!!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

20 comments:

  1. YES PILI I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS!!!!!!!!!! I just loved it so much, I really, really hope you do too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSS!! I'm so crossing everything crossable so my preorder arrives on release day or Wednesday! The timing couldn't be better cause I only work two days next week!

      Delete
  2. I'm reading this one right now, Pili!! :D It's good so far! I hope you enjoy it. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on this one as well, although I'm a tiny bit afraid that the whole Chaol drama might effectively ruin it. Let's hope not, though. I have some faith, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For what I've seen while skimming reviews is that is very little romance in this one, for what that's worth!

      Delete
  4. I've seen this book around so much, and it sounds like a great read. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

    My WoW: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5_27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the whole series so far is fantastic and I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  5. The thing is, there are MORE books, which probably means MORE cliffhangers and MORE love triangle angst! Pili, what are we going to dooooooo? *cries* I'm so anxious for this one, too. Kim's review goes up tomorrow, I think.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I totally foresee a book hangover of dramatic proportions next week once I get it, read it and ignore the world while doing so!
      And give that there are 6 books planned, after this one we'll have 3 more to come!! Which is awesome cause YAY more books and awful cause the wait and the cliffhangers!!!!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, yes. I liked this one a lot more than I liked book two. Love triangle kind of disappears! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for no love triangle!! I'm so gonna be stalking my postman now, since it's already been shipped!

      Delete
  7. This one just might be my most anticipated book release of the year. I adored the last book and the hype surrounding this series is insane :) can't wait to read it soon.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree 100% Mari!! I squealed when I saw yesterday that my preorder had shipped! Now I'm crossing everything crossable it'll arrive on release day!!

      Delete
  8. OH MY GOSH HEIR OF FIRE!!!!! Heir of Fire is AMAZING. You will love it ;) It's really not a love triangle anymore. ;) Oh Chaolaena <3 my heart aches ;( Great choice! You can read it soon. I look forward to your review.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dyiiiiing Rachel!! I cannot waaaaiiiit!! Chaolena for the win for sure!! #Team Chaol!!

      Delete
  9. I'm reading this oen right now Pili and it is AMAAAAAAAAAZING. I'm not that far yet but the writing has improved even more and there's even a feeling of sinister-ness in the air. You'll love it!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!! (But also I'm feeling very reassured that all my anticipation won't be disappointed!!)

      Delete
  10. Fingers crossed you will love this one, Pili :D It do look so gorgeous, hih. <3 Have seen so many people love it already :) Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3 I didn't finish book one, but will read them all one day, as I do own them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina!
      Once you decide to give another try to this series, I recommend starting with the book collection of all the short stories first, it'll make you like book 1 better!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!