Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tell Me Tuesdays #6!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!


 Dangerous Girls by Abigail Hass

"It's Spring Break of senior year. Anna, her boyfriend Tate, her best friend Elise, and a few other close friends are off to a debaucherous trip to Aruba that promises to be the time of their lives. But when Elise is found brutally murdered, Anna finds herself trapped in a country not her own, fighting against vile and contemptuous accusations.

As Anna sets out to find her friend's killer; she discovers hard truths about her friendships, the slippery nature of truth, and the ache of young love.

As she awaits the judge's decree, it becomes clear that everyone around her thinks she is not just guilty, but dangerous. When the truth comes out, it is more shocking than one could ever imagine..."




 Free To Fall by Lauren Miller

"What if there was an app that told you what song to listen to, what coffee to order, who to date, even what to do with your life—an app that could ensure your complete and utter happiness? What if you never had to fail or make a wrong choice?

What if you never had to fall?

Fast-forward to a time when Apple and Google have been replaced by Gnosis, a monolith corporation that has developed the most life-changing technology to ever hit the market: Lux, an app that flawlessly optimizes decision making for the best personal results. Just like everyone else, sixteen-year-old Rory Vaughn knows the key to a happy, healthy life is following what Lux recommends. When she’s accepted to the elite boarding school Theden Academy, her future happiness seems all the more assured. But once on campus, something feels wrong beneath the polished surface of her prestigious dream school. Then she meets North, a handsome townie who doesn’t use Lux, and begins to fall for him and his outsider way of life. Soon, Rory is going against Lux’s recommendations, listening instead to the inner voice that everyone has been taught to ignore — a choice that leads her to uncover a truth neither she nor the world ever saw coming."



I'm doing a buddy read with Sam of Realm of Fiction for Dangerous Girls and I'm absolutely loving it! Free To Fall I'm reading as August's book for the Bookbusters Book Club on Goodreads!

 
So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

24 comments:

  1. I just finished Gates of Thread and Stone and I have the biggest book hangover, ever! I picked what I thought was a Children's chapter eARC to keep up with ARC August, but be gentle to my GoTaS feels. I found out it is a Middle Grade even though it is about fourth graders (10 yr olds). It is titled Pack of Dorks. I am off to add your link to the blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book hangovers can be tough, but they're always a sign of awesome books! So glad to hear you loved it!
      Thank you for adding me!!

      Delete
  2. My currently reading pile is a mess. I'm reading Four because my brother bought it for me and I was too excited to resist however, I was already reading Biggest Flirt so now I'm reading two books and add in a review books, three. Haha, I'm just going with the flow, reading them all. I hope you enjoy these two, I don't know much about them but they look interesting.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juggling three books can be awesome if a bit overwhelming on occasion! Cannot wait to hear what you think of Four!!
      Thanks Mari!

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh, I can't wait to hear what you think about Dangerous Girls. It looks really good, and I've seen LOTS of great reviews for it. Free to Fall looks really interesting as well. I'm reading Cursed Moon by Jaye Wells, and I am absolutely flying through it. I'm not sure I like it quite as much as the first book, but it's still WAY better than the typical second in series, so I'm not complaining ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have the review for Dangerous Girls up this week... It's quite an awesome book and I think you'd enjoy it loads, Jessica!!
      YAY for not disappointing sequels!

      Delete
  4. I keep hearing fabulous things about Dangerous Girls and since you and Sam are loving it, I know I will too. Rarely do I dislike a book either of you really liked. I haven't had much luck with Parallel, but perhaps I'll enjoy Free to Fall anyway. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Maja! I think you'd like it loads! I will be reviewing it later this week!

      Delete
  5. I cannot wait to read Free to Fall Pili! I loved Parallel by Lauren as well, so I have high hopes for this one. I've been hearing amazing things about Dangerous Girls as well, glad to know you're loving it thus far!

    I've been in a reading slump for the past couple days, so I haven't picked up anything. Fail. Next up on my list is Vault of Dreamers though, and I'm super excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading slumps suck, but sometimes we do need a break, Jenny! I hope Vault of Dreamers will be great and put you out of the slump!

      I still haven't read Parallel but I'm finding Free to Fall quite interesting! And I highly highly recommend you read Dangerous Girls, that would totally pull you out of a reading slump, I tell you! ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited to read those two! I borrowed Free to Fall from a friend, and I have Dangerous Girls :) SO EXCITED!! Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll read them both and love them! I cannot wait to hear what you think of Dangerous Girls, Rachel!!

      Delete
  7. Last night I started The Universe Builders which I got for review this Las week. So far I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices doll!! I was so into our buddy read book i forgot to post mine today #fail oh well!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good books that make you forget about posts... those are the best!

      Delete
  9. I'm really interested in Free to Fall, that sounds more like my type of read! :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free to Fall is a cool sci-fi so far! Dangerous Girls was a brilliant book too btw!

      Delete
  10. Those are awesome reads, Pili. I loved Dangerous Girls and I know Miller's Free to Fall will be as good because well, she's Lauren Miller and her Parallel was awesome! As for me, I'm reading Joseph Delaney's The Last Apprentice books. They're awesome and creepy and just plain good. You should read it if you haven't yet :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read Parallel, but I'm hoping to read it soon too!
      Dangerous Girls was AMAZING!! I was so taken in and totally got duped too!!
      I'll have to add the TLA books to the wish list!

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad you're loving Dangerous Girls, it is so underrated but more people should read it! Can't wait to discuss once you finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree!! The book is brilliant and I will be recommending it left right and centre!!

      Delete
  12. Aw, yay :D Both books sounds interesting ;p Not for me :p but I am glad you seem to enjoy them :D Thank you for sharing Pili. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! I'm quite enjoying both!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!