Monday, November 24, 2014

Mark This Book Monday: ARC Review of Foresworn by Rinda Elliott!!

Hello there guys!

I'm starting this week on style by having my Monday off and going to watch Mockinjay for the second time in the evening!

We're starting this Mark This Book Monday with a review for an ARC of the final book in a trilogy, and one that I was extremely happy to discover earlier this year! As an ARC provided by the author it counts for my 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge too!





ForeswornForesworn by Rinda Elliott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I discovered this trilogy through the wonderful Jenny from Supernatural Snark and connected with the author via Twitter and she was kind enough to send me an advance copy of this one so I could read it before my preorder arrives next month! Thank you so much, Rinda!

That said, getting this book for review has not influenced my review or my enjoyment of the book in any way, except for being able to enjoy it earlier!

Foresworn is Kat's book, and she's the younger and toughest of the triplets. We already know a lot of information that she doesn't when she starts her journey, since we've already read Coral's and Raven's stories. But Rinda does quite a great job at both helping us keep our interest in Kat's story and keep up with the timeline with the phone calls with her sisters, so we know how it is progressing.

Kat soon finds the guy she chose to protect from her mother, and she finds herself drawn into a group of people that not only they know what she is, but that have been preparing for Ragnarok for quite a long time! Arun knows whose soul he carries and knows how to work his gift for the most part. Other young people with gods souls inside them have been coming to his farm, drawn there by the music that comes from the lake in Yellowstone, so when Kat arrives she finds herself surrounded by more people like herself and not only feels an attraction to Arun, but also a kinship that was unknown to her before.

The action moves along quite fast, because while Kat is trying to figure out how to help Arun and return to protect her sisters, fires and accidents keep on happening around the farm, and soon the bigger picture starts becoming a lil clearer. Kat gets more information on her mother's side of the family, which happens to be quite surprising. And we also find out a bit more about the triplet's father.

The final confrontation happens when the three sisters get together and it was quite a show down, with fighting both physical and magical and that would have been a fantastic conclusion. Then we got an epilogue that started very satifying and fuzzy feels but then left us with a direct hook! Amazing but very evil!!

Very well deserved 4 stars for this final book in a fantastic trilogy that mixes contemporary, paranormal and Norse mythology flawlessly!



View all my reviews

8 comments:

  1. While reading your review I was trying to figure out whether it was paranormal, contemporary or something else, turns out it is both! Sounds like there's a lot of magic happening and a fast moving plot with an epic showdown. Great review Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is set in present times with a strong paranormal aspect! Thank you Jeann!

      Delete
  2. That was really great of the author to send you a review copy! I've never heard of the books (or author). I'm glad you've enjoyed the books thus far! Paranormal is pretty awesome :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rinda is amazing and so is this series! I highly recommend you give it a try at some point Alyssa!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this final book Pili :D Thank you so much for sharing about it. <3 Not books for me, but maybe one day ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! And I think you'd probably enjoy this one, the romance is very sweet!! =D

      Delete
  4. Hmmm I have never heard of this one before but i think i will check it out! Thanks for the great review!!
    ~ Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Britt!! You need to check this one out, the whole trilogy, I'm sure you'll love them!! =D

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!