Tuesday, November 25, 2014

2015 Mythology Reading Challenge hosted by Lili Lost in a Book!

It's only November and even if I told myself I shouldn't be trying to juggle too many challenges next year, since I end up failing them if I try, but here I am already signing up for my first 2015 challenge!

It is hosted by one of my bloggy friends and fellow nurse Liliana from Lili Lost in a Book and it's the 2015 Mythology Reading Challenge!






You can click on the that button ^ to go to the sign up post, but I'm gonna be posting the rules here too!

  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015. You can sign up at any time.
  • The book does not need to be released in 2015, but it does need to be read in 2015. Any books read before or after 2015 will not count toward this challenge. ARCs are okay.
  • Crossovers from other Reading Challenges are also okay!
  • You don't need to pick your books ahead of time, but you can if you want to!
  • You do, however, need to pick a level (see below). Keep in mind that you can move UP in the levels, but not DOWN, 'kay? ;)
  • The books read must have a prominent mythology theme. They can be Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse... you get the idea.
  • The books can be YA, MG, adult... pretty much anything!
  • Books can be any format (e-book, audio, print).
  • You do not need to have a blog to participate. You can link up using your Goodreads account, Library Thing or any other platform.
  • And the most important rule of all, HAVE FUN! :D

And there are levels in this challenge, you can move up but you cannot move down from your selected challenge level.


Demigod Level: 1-5
God Level: 6-10
Titan Level: 11-20
Monster Level: 21+
 
I'm gonna be aiming for God Level because I think I'll manage to read at least 6 mythology related books next year easily! I am 3 book behind on the Percy Jackson series, so that's half my minimum requirement level right there! Hopefully I'll reach Titan Level, BUT since I'm not completely sure, I'm going for a more realistic goal, so God Level it is!
 
What do you think guys, do you want to join me reading more mythology books in 2015?? Any recommendations for books I must add to my challenge list for sure? Let me know!!
 

8 comments:

  1. Oooo, mythology! I need to involve myself in more challenges... or so I tell myself. I'm content with not doing so, but then, I want to do more... mehh... LOL

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling myself I need to NOT join many challenges because I end up failing some and that's never a cool feeling! Trying to stick to a max of 3 for next year!

      Delete
  2. I won't be signing up for any challenges, as they aren't for me, but sounds like fun :D I hope you will succeed, hih. <3 best of luck Pili :) Hoping you will end up reading a whole lot of awesome books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! If you have any suggestions of mythology books for me, let me know!

      Delete
  3. I love this challenge! I suck at them, but I think I will try this one. I love books about mythologies!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! We can be challenge buddies Lis!! And we can recommend books to each other!

      Delete
  4. YAY! Thanks for joining! :D And you know where to go if you need any recommendations ;) Speaking of, have you read the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep?? It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the Mythos Academy, but the first one is already added to the GR shelf that I've created for the challenge!! ;)

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!