Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Pages: Unremembered by Jessica Brody!!

Hello guys!

Saturday is here and I'm forfeiting sleep in the name of social life and spending time with my friends! But I also have an entry for Saturday Pages and this one is one that's been in my Kindle library for a while, so it counts for my 2014 TBR Pile Challenge!




Unremembered (Jessica Brody Trilogy)Unremembered by Jessica Brody

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Book events are not only a wonderful way of meeting authors you love but also a way to giving you a push to read books you've had a while but hadn't get to read yet. After attending the Fierce Reads event in NYC, I loved how Jessica Brody described her series so I started reading this one and bought the second book, the novella and preordered book 3!

Unremembered starts with a main character that doesn't know anything about her, doesn't remember anything except a year that is not the current one and she is found in the wreckage of a plane crash as the sole survivor.

It starts as a thriller with our girl unsure of everything and everyone, and the people around her aren't sure either. She ends up with a foster family while they try to find her own family, but as much as Violet as they call her try to find some comfort in normality, some weird things keep on happening and we keep on asking more and more questions about what's happening and why, and who is Violet really? And can we trust that guy who says he knows who she is and what's happening?

I am a big lover of science fiction and I loved how this one mixed the mystery and thriller bits with the science fiction that becomes more relevant the more you progress into the story! I loved that the romance was both absolutely central to the story but at the same time not what the book is about, if that makes sense. It's hard to explain without spoiling something!

The pacing seemed a bit slow at first cause we keep on getting more questions than answers but then it quickly picks up and once the book ends you are left wanting more!

Very well deserved 3.5 to 4 stars to this one. YAY for science fiction YA and book events!



View all my reviews

12 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed -- I haven't read this one. I'm a bit tired of amnesia books, but you make it sound good!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a different kind of amnesia and it worked really well Jen, hope you'll give it a chance!

      Delete
  2. Great review Pili. <3 I'm glad you mostly enjoyed this book :D I liked it a whole lot too. <3 but.. some issues with book two :( and I am SO NERVOUS about book three. Big thing that might bother me, lol. With the romance. Sigh :( but anyway. I hope you enjoy the second book if you read it too. <3 Thank you for sharing sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, now I'm a wee bit concerned about book 2! Hopefully you'll love book 3 to bits!

      Delete
  3. I love bookish events, even if I don't get to go to a lot of them. >_< I would love to attend the Fierce Reads tour... If they, you know, ever had one here in the Philippines.

    Anyway, I've been hesitant to pick this up in a while, but now I think I really want to give it a shot. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as you did, Pili. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Aimee! I do hope you guys will get more events around there!
      And yes, do give Unremembered a try, it was a great read!

      Delete
  4. Love the international edition's cover! I have this one, but have not read it. I'm glad you enjoyed the book (and tour)! Excellent review, Pili :)

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyssa! Book events are so awesome! I hope you'll give this one a try!!

      Delete
  5. I have a love / hate relationships with book 1's in a series because you always get more questions than answers, and yes that's to be expected, but I'm impatient, and I want to know NOW. Pacing issues aside, I like that Brody blends so many different elements together, and the way the author spun the romance sounds super unique. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First books are great to making you fall in love with a series or at least hook you up enough, but you're right Carmel, sometimes you are left with more questions than answers!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you liked this one! I've had a copy of this one for awhile (and I even have the sequel), but haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read the sequel myself, but maybe you can do a series binge read when the final book comes out!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!