Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Reads: Armageddon by Christina Bauer!!

Hello guys!

Friday is now here and finally my days off start! After 5 days and one night shift on a row, I really am looking forward to having some time off, trying my new camera and meeting up with my friends!

As this week's Friday Reads entry I have one of the ARCs I finished during my vacation and it's about time I wrote and published my review! I really needed my vacation but has put me behind on review books, reviews to write... oh well! This one counts as part of my 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge.





Armageddon (Angelbound, #3)Armageddon by Christina Bauer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I've loved the previous books in this series as they were quite a breathe of fresh air into the supernatural/paranormal scene, so I was really looking forward to reading the third instalment on the series!

I was a bit thrown when I started reading cause quite some time has passed between the previous book and this one. I think a lil over 3 years already, so it was a bit shocking to find that they had been married and ruling over Thrax and Purgatory and that they have a 3 year old son!

We don't really have a lot of time to get settled into this new situation when Myla and Lincoln have to face the most scary threat to any parent... their child is threatened. Maxon is an endearing but also very special child, with abilities that are not easy to deal with since they are Scala abilities, which means he isn't the easiest child to care for, and Myla and Lincoln need a nanny now and then, specially at night. And not all nanny's can deal with Maxon's special needs.

Then comes the threat from Armageddon the King of Hell himself, and to add insult to injury Conner himself is involved in it. They need to find out what's Armageddon's plan regarding Maxon and in the mean time they are accepting Hildy's help, the new nanny that Conner hired for Maxon. But as much as they try, Maxon is kidnapped and they have to rescue him from Hell before time ticks out.

I loved how Myla and Lincoln's relationship has evolved and how they make an amazing team, be it as rulers, parents or as a couple fighting to get their son back from hell. Keeping the other grounded when needed and always watching each other's backs.

We also get quite a lot of worldbuilding about Thrax and of course a better look at Hell during the rescue missing. And also deal with consequences of choices, and a look about what our weaknesses can lead to when we make the choice between the lesser of two evils.

The ending was quite hopeful and left me looking forward to the next instalment, even if it might be an even bigger leap since it'll be about a grown Maxon!

Entertaining and still quite fresh, even if not as amazing as the previous books, this one still gets 3.5 stars.




View all my reviews

6 comments:

  1. Love the cover. Three stars is okay... sounds like one of those that you read when you don't have much else to read :D Excellent review, Pili!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite excited cause I'm a fan of the series, so I will continue for next book!
      Thank you Alyssa!

      Delete
  2. Awww, sorry this wasn't as amazing as the previous ones (I remember reading them and your super enthusiastic insights about them), but at least you enjoyed this one somewhat. I can see how the setting can throw you off-guard when suddenly three years have passed and gone and you didn't get to see anything about it O_O

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while but yeah, I did enjoy it after all! Myla and Lincoln were a great team together and that was also refreshing to read, a couple that faces trouble and not have the conflict between them driving the story...

      Delete
  3. Uhm, wow. Three years passed from book two to three? And with A KID too? UGH. That sounds ALL KINDS OF ANNOYING. If I had read this series, I wouldn't read this third book, lol (A) But anyway. I'm glad you mostly enjoyed it Pili. <3 Thank you for sharing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit shocking really but I'm glad I ended up reading the book! Thank you Carina!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!