Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #67!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

So, what book am I impatiently tapping my feet for my preorder to arrive already this week?? Endsinger by Jay Kristoff!!




Goodreads Summary:

"A TREMBLING EARTH
The flames of civil war sweep across the Shima Imperium. With their plans to renew the Kazumitsu dynasty foiled, the Lotus Guild unleash their deadliest creation—a mechanical goliath known as the Earthcrusher, intended to unite the shattered Empire under a yoke of fear. With the Tiger Clan and their puppet Daimyo Hiro in tow, the Guild marches toward a battle for absolute dominion over the Isles.

A BROKEN REBELLION
Yukiko and Buruu are forced to take leadership of the Kagé rebellion, gathering new allies and old friends in an effort to unite the country against the chi-mongers. But the ghosts of Buruu’s past stand between them and the army they need, and Kin’s betrayal has destroyed all trust among their allies. When a new foe joins the war tearing the Imperium apart, it will be all the pair can do to muster the strength to fight, let alone win.

A FINAL BATTLE
The traitor Kin walks the halls of Guild power, his destiny only a bloody knife-stroke away. Hana and Yoshi struggle to find their place in a world now looking to them as heroes. Secret cabals within the Lotus Guild claw and struggle; one toward darkness, the other toward light. And as the earth splits asunder, as armies destroy each other for rule over an empire of lifeless ash and the final secret about blood lotus is revealed, the people of Shima will learn one last, horrifying truth.

There is nothing a mother will not do to keep her children by her side.

Nothing."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Endsinger? Well, I read Stormdancer last year and then postponed reading Kinslayer till this one was in sight cause I had heard about horrible cliffhanger and boy am I glad I did! Now my preorder of Endsinger won't arrive soon enough, and I seriously fear for my poor feelings while reading this one!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

18 comments:

  1. Yet another series I haven't started yet Pili! SO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO READ! Good to know about the cliffhanger in the previous book though, I think it's probably for the best that I haven't picked these up yet as I don't handle cliffhangers well if I don't already have the next book in my hands! Now I won't have to suffer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite excited about finally getting my hands on book 3 so I can finally read book 2 without worrying about cliffhangers, cause like you... I don't deal with them well!
      Thank you for commenting Jenny!

      Delete
  2. I loved the first book, but when I started the second, it was just too complex and grim. I was in no mood for it at the time, and I'm still not. But one day I will be and then I'll read both back to back. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read book two myself, Maja. I'm waiting till book 3 comes out! I hope you'll be in the mood to read them both soon!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this series! I probably won't, honestly. But I will be reading his co-authored book with Amie Kaufman! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Illuminae sounds amazing, doesn't it??

      Delete
  4. Ha! You just left a comment about this title on my post anticipated books for the remainder of 2014 post, so I'm not at all surprised to see that it's your WOW pick this week. Sounds like you didn't quite hold out long enough on reading Kinslayer. LOL! Cliff hangers + waiting = SUCKS. I'll cross my fingers for you that this one lands in your mailbox before the weekend!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it won't since it doesn't release till the 25th! But I'm hoping it won't take long to arrive after that!
      Thanks Carmel!!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read this series -- for some reason it just intimidates me. Maybe I'll read all the books this summer...
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite epic and quite dark but I adored the first book!

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried this series yet but I know a lot of people who love it. The covers are all really cool! I hope you enjoy it when your copy arrives!!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really confused about this series. I don't really understand what it's about and I've heard some negative reviews so not sure exactly what to make of it. Love the cover and the japan-esque setting though.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mix of fantasy/steampunk with the setting in an alternate Japan or Japan-ish place! A fight against oppression and also with some environmental issues addressed. Lots of fighting and political intrigue!

      Delete
  8. Eeek :D Best pick Pili. <3 I LOVED Endsinger. IT IS HEARTBREAKING. And all kinds of perfect. You will love it. You better :D So excited to read your thoughts on it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'll love it, I'll just have to prepare myself for the heartbreak!

      Delete
  9. I really love the covers to this series, I read the first book but need to read the sequel still. I just loved that big fluffy character and how it was so unique and different with the steampunk in Japan. Great pick Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read Kinslayer either and I won't be starting it till I have this one home too, to avoid the horrible cliffhanger wait!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!