Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tell Me Tuesdays #17!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!




 The Body Electric by Beth Revis

The future world is at peace.

Ella Shepherd has dedicated her life to using her unique gift--the ability to enter people's dreams and memories using technology developed by her mother--to help others relive their happy memories.

But not all is at it seems.

Ella starts seeing impossible things--images of her dead father, warnings of who she cannot trust. Her government recruits her to spy on a rebel group, using her ability to experience--and influence--the memories of traitors. But the leader of the rebels claims they used to be in love--even though Ella's never met him before in her life. Which can only mean one thing...

Someone's altered her memory.

Ella's gift is enough to overthrow a corrupt government or crush a growing rebel group. She is the key to stopping a war she didn't even know was happening. But if someone else has been inside Ella's head, she cannot trust her own memories, thoughts, or feelings.

So who can she trust?




Talon by Julie Kagawa


In Julie Kagawa's groundbreaking modern fantasy series, dragons walk among us in human form.

Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey—and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him—and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.



I'm still juggling reading a bunch of books at the same time cause I have a backlog and too many awesome books I want to read, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! I need more reading tiiimeeee!!

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

13 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read both of those books! They've been in my TBR pile since I heard about them!
    I hope you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also reading Talon, but very slowly, about a chapter a day. I liked it in the beginning, but the last two chapters have been too much like straight Contemporary YA, and that is definitely not for me. I was discussing it with another blogger on her review and she said the book picks up again somewhere in the middle, but wow, should we have to read that much filler fluff before we get entertained again? I am not so sure this Kagawa book should have been my introduction to her writing. I am also finishing up a review book called Napoleon Xylophone, which I have been enjoying, in preparation for having a clear schedule for the arrival of my Ensnared ARC. It is going to be agonizing not being able to discuss AnyElsewhere with you and Britter. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does read a bit like contemporary on occasions, but I'm on 50% now and I cannot wait to see how it progresses!

      And yeah, ENSNAAAARED!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping my copy will arrive a lil early as my copy of Unhinged did last year!! =D

      Delete
  3. The Body Electric was mind blowing! I am completely in awe of Beth Revis. It's been days since I've finished it and I still haven't gathered my thoughts enough to write a proper review. I mostly just end up writing exclamations and pleas for everyone to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very happy to hear you loved it so much Maja!!

      Delete
  4. OMG I LOVED BODY ELECTRIC. Still have yet to read talon but exciteeeeeed! Currently deciding between 3 different 2015 releases lol :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I really cannot wait till I sit and read it without interruptions!
      Ooooh, which ones Nikki??

      Delete
  5. Great picks Pili! I can't wait fto read both that are patiently awaiting me (sigh). I have so much going on right now, but hat is never a bad thing! Xoxo
    ❤️Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Britt! So many books and so little time!!

      Delete
  6. Eeek! The Body Electric :D I loved it. <3 So so much. Still not ready to read Talon, though :( Sad face. But I hope you love both these books. <3 excited to hear your thoughts about them Pili :) I'm reading Shutter tomorrow. <3 shiny new arc, lol :D So so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Shutter?? I've heard great things about it, so cannot wait to hear what you think Carina!

      Delete
  7. I'm reading The Body Electric next week! I think... it's scheduled for sometime soon. Sadly, I won't be reading Talon anytime soon - not happy about things I have heard/seen already. Meh!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!