Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ink & Batter #9: Ensnared by A.G. Howard!!!


Well, well, well! Finally Ink & Batter is BACK!!

After a loooong hiatus, longer than I had planned at first, I must admit, my beloved feature with book inspired decorated cupcakes is BACK!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage weekly posts from now on, but I'm gonna try my best for sure to return to the weekly Ink & Batter posts from now on, since I can bake without melting and the fondant doesn't get sticky easily any more!

I have quite a few recipes & books & notes for decorations in my lil notebook, but it was quite coincidence the way I chose the cupcakes I'd first bake for this return. I planned to bake some cupcakes to take to work at the request of one of my co-workers and I wanted to try this recipe and then I realized it was the recipe I had planned for when I made the Ensnared cupcakes... so one thing lead to another and I ended up making Ensnared cupcakes!

Ensnared by A.G. Howard is the third and final book in the Splintered trilogy and it's a reimagining of Alice in Wonderland! It's a pretty inspiring series because I also made Ink & Batter cupcakes for the other two books in the series: Splintered and Unhinged!

Since I still haven't read the book because it doesn't release till Jan and I haven't got an ARC, I used the cover as inspiration and all the clues about it that A.G. Howard gave during the reveal of the cover.

The red liners were a must, give the colour of the cover, and then I used red, orange & yellow colours to dye the whipped cream of the grasshopper cupcakes, that seemed the more fitting recipe for the series (even Anita chose that recipe when I asked her on Twitter!). Hearts & monarch butterflies are the most important things in the book accoring to my friend La La that has read the ARC, but somehow I also had lobsters in my notes so I made one of those too!

















I'm dying to get my hands on the book so I can see the relevance of all the little details I picked from my notes! Btw, in case you are wondering, what's on the cupcake with the lobsters is a bad attempt at a red bat! ;)

If you haven't read the first books in the series, do it now! so you can be ready to read Ensnared when it releases!

What do you guys think? Happy to have Ink & Batter back? I know I am!

Stay tuned for more book inspired cupcakes in the next edition of Ink & Batter coming soon! (next week, hopefully!

18 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for making them. And every single detail you touched on makes an appearance in the book in some form or other, so well done! I've posted the picture to my pinterest board. You are so talented. :D These look too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH Anita!! I'm so VERY happy that you like them! I cannot wait to finally get my hands on the book and see all the details come to life! I'm so curious about the lobsters!!
      THANK YOU!

      Delete
  2. YAY for being back to baking, hih :D I love seeing all your cupcakes. <3 They are always gorgeous. Wishing I could eat them too, lol. Anyway. Amazing post sweetie :D These look so so gorgeous. <3 thank you for making and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send you some cupcakes sweetie!
      Thank you so much for always comenting on my blog Carina dear!

      Delete
  3. Those cupcakes are GORGEOUS, Pili! :) I miss looking at your good cupcakes and I am so glad Ink & Batter is back! I seriously cannot imagine the amount of work that goes into this but I imagine these are worth at least a couple days of hard work! You are AMAZING! I cannot wait to see next week's edition!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH RASHIKA!! I was going to tweet you the link to this but I see you didn't need it!
      =D

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't even manage a simple icing without making a mess and bumping the cupcakes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ula! Just remember, practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  5. I passed on the ARC of Ensnared because I'm going the audiobook route for this series. I LOVED book 1, 2 was so-so, but I have high hopes for the finale cuz it's back to Wonderland we go. Your cupcakes look absolutely delish! I had to resist licking my computer monitor. Keep the ink & batter posts a flowing!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmel! I'll try to bring Ink & Batter post weekly or every other week!! ;)

      Delete
  6. My favorite is the heart and crown cupcake!! They are BEAUTIFUL, and I haved shared the pics you posted on Facebook to my blog's Facebook page. Hopefully someday I will get to taste one of your cupcakes. Nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that you did, THANK YOU La La!! I wish I could send them over easily!!

      Delete
  7. Wow! These are so beautiful!!!!! I still haven't read books two, since I'm waiting for Ensnared, but I can see how they match the cover!
    Congrats! You're so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lis! I do hope you'll love both Unhinged and Ensnared!!

      Delete
  8. Omg they're so insanely pretty! You're so talented! The lobster's adorable lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! I'm so happy to hear you like the lobster! =D

      Delete
  9. Wheee, welcome back with the cupcakes! They look great - the decorations are beautiful! Also I can't wait to read Ensnared!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU ALYSSA!! =D
      Yessss, I hope we'll both get Ensnared as early as possible!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!