Thursday, November 19, 2015

Challenges Update: 2015 Debut Author Challenge & Mythology Challege: DONE!!

Hey there guys!!

Whenever a new year starts I tend to sign up for a bunch of reading challenges (my equivalent of people signing up for the gym for their New Year's resolutions) but then although I tend to keep track of what I read and for what challenge it can apply, I usually do an awful job at actually checking how well or bad I'm doing...

And this year, with its emotional upheavals, all the buying of the apartment, all the working in the apartment and everything in between... I think I've been worse than usual at keeping track, so much that I was sure I had failed most of my challenges but once I actually bothered to check, I've already completed two successfully!!


My sign up post for this challenge is HERE, and I was aiming for the Silver Reader level, which meant reading between 10 to 19 debuts (from 2015 and also 2014) and according to my GoodReads 2015 Debut Authors Challenge shelf, I've read 13!!




I'm hoping to manage to add a few more to this list, but I don't think enough to reach the Gold Reader category... Still, it's November and it's one completed challenge!






The second challenge completed is one that I wasn't too sure I'd manage to complete but once again upon checking, I had already completed it (thank goodness for GoodReads shelves!). HERE is my sign up post for the 2015 Mythology Reading Challenge, where I was aiming for God Level, which meant reading 6 to 10 books and once again, to my surprise, I've managed to read 6 already! I hope to add one or two more before the end of the year, but even if I don't, I've completed the challenge!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing! Lots of great fantasy novels on there, I see. ;)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how much I love reading fantasy! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Go you! I'd check mine on the off hand that I completed them as well, except I stopped logging them about the time I moved the first time this year. I'd have a long pile to wade through. I'm just going to call them complete since one was more discussion posts and the other was reading owned books from my tbr pile. And I've tried hard to do both those things this year.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I kept on checking my GR lists because otherwise I'd have no idea! ;)

      Delete
  3. Whoo hoo! Nice surprises. I only had one year long challenge besides my Goodreads and I have failed miserably. I have read one fairytale retelling. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you could always see if you can read a pair of retelling before the end of the year! ;)

      Delete
  4. Yay for completing challenges :D That is awesome Pili. <3 Yay for reading so many great books this year too :) You read so much. Ack. I won't sign up for any challenges, though, hih. Maybe someday :) Gorgeous post, as always. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Next year I need to sign up for less challenges... I end wanting to do too many things!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!