Hey again guys!!
This weekend there's an amazing event taking place in the blogosphere: the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon!! Organized and hosted by the lovely Alexa from Alexa Loves Books!
I'm gonna try and take part as much as possible but my work schedule might not be the best for this, given how I am a bit zombie today after working night shift!
But let's get this started! The first official post is gonna be a questionnaire so any of you lovelies that might be visiting the blog for the first time will get to know me a bit, and those that visit now and then will get to know me a lil better!
1. What’s your name?
I have two first names, Maria Pilar, but I go by the second one only, so Pilar or Pili.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
Alcala de Henares, very close to Madrid, in Spain!
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started blogging about handmade items and then transitioned to blogging about books because I've always LOVED books and reading.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I chose it when I was blogging about handmade stuff, so it was quite self explanatory, thinking of changing it soon though!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Mostly I read and review science fiction and fantasy, and a few contemporaries now and then!
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I usually do a meme or two, and when I have the time to do so, I have my Ink & Batter feature, where I shared book inspired decorated cupcakes!
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I've loved connecting with fellow bloggers and reaching out to authors and taking part in tours and the like. And one of my fave things have been doing matching Ink & Batter and Cover Puppies posts with my friend Becca from Pivot Book Reviews!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Interacting with authors and being able to flail and comment the good and the bad with people that understand my feelings and craziness about books!
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
Hmmmm, Queen of Shadows and ACOTAR by Sarah J Maas, The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger, End of Days by Susan Ee, Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows and The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater... and I could go on and on and on!!
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
A Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller and All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill! And as for a recent series that more people need to read Every Breath and the next two books in the series by Ellie Marney!!
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I think Rachel Watts from Every Breath because despite not liking being out of her comfort zone, she takes risks and is kick arse!
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I love baking and photography and travelling!
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
As of late, mostly housewares, because I'll be moving to my own place soon and I am enjoying choosing dishes and glasses and the like!
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Defying Gravity from the Wicked Musical, it's the song that manages to put me in a good mood no matter how awful I feel as of late!
And that's all for now folks!