Wooohooo!! Nicole from CandyRave became my 100th follower today (thank you, Nick!) and so it's time for my first giveaway to be posted!
This giveaway is based on two of my bigger loves (no, I'm not giving away Mr G, sorry!) and since you all probably know, I'm a BIG bookworm AND purse/bag/handbag whore! So what would be more apt than to give away A book and A handbag!
Only recently I've discovered the great Dame Agatha Christie's books, and I've completely fallen into the spell of them! I've read many of her books, but I still have many more still to read, and I DO intend to read them all! ;)
And the first half of the giveaway prize is just that! An Agatha Christie book!! Actually, the idea of the giveaway first occurred to me when for some strange glitch I ordered a copy of Death Comes As The End and ended up with two! So, I thought, what better use for an extra book than give it away to someone else so they can enjoy it too?
And the second half of the giveaway is also an expression of two things: how amazing handmade is, and how amazing crafters and artists are! When my dear friend Brooke from BrookeVanGory heard about my lil giveaway idea, she offered to add to the giveaway prize one of her Crossbones Couture Mosh Pit bags! And that my friends, is one kick-arse bag! How do I know? Well, not only cause I have the prize bag here at home, but because I own of the coolest Crossbones Couture bags in existence and I absolutely love it to bits! A bag that has been featured more than once in pictures seen here in my blog, cause I do wear it a LOT!
What say you? Want to win this amazing set of prizes? Wondering what you have to do?
I'm gonna keep things rather simple, the giveaway will be open til next Thursday April 29th (that's when I'm coming back from spending a few days away from the lappy), it's valid for everyone worldwide, everyone welcome! And there will be 3 ways to add entries on your name to the draw!
1) Post the title of your favourite Agatha Christie book, or if you haven't read any Miss Christie's books, gimme the title of your favourite book! (1 entry)
2) Go check Brooke's Etsy shop and comment here with the link of your favourite item! (1 entry)
3) And for a final added bonus, if you can find me any Adipose related listing on Etsy, post them here and you'll get 3 entries on the giveaway!
I'll add the name entries to a bowl on Friday and I'll make my friend Irene pick a winner! I'll be posting the winner on Friday 30th itself!
Please make sure to leave a way to contact you if you don't have a blogger profile!
Good luck everyone! =D
I haven't read any of Miss Christie's books.. I'm not sure why, as I'm a total bookworn also!
I think my most favourite book of all time can't be named, because I have so many.. but a more recent read of 'The Book Theif' deserves a mention.. because it's truely brilliant, and so sad.
Fave item of brookers.. currently http://www.etsy.com/listing/45066230/custom-changing-pad-to-match-your-diaper Because I LOVE that pattern.. just like your blankie!
Did you know there are only 4 items on there altogether!
1. I haven't read any Agatha Christie yet, but I fully intend to! So my favorite book is "House of the Spirits" by Isabel Allende. And I just realized... it's originally written in Spanish, so you could read it untranslated!!! *jealous*ReplyDelete
I've never read an agatha christie book! my favorite book is a toss up between the alchemyst series and the DEAD series!ReplyDelete
I love this item in brookey's etsy store:
last but not least:
1. I *LOVE* Agatha Christie's books! I have quite a collection of them but NOT the one you are giving away, so I'm hoping fate is on my side in the drawing, lol. My favorite Christie is And Then There Were None (or Ten Little Indians), although anything starring Miss Marple comes a close 2nd.ReplyDelete
2. This bag is custom, but I just love the fabric on the one in the first photo!
3. This pocket mirror is hilarious:
1. I haven't read any of her books, but my favorite book is Eclipse.ReplyDelete
2. My favorite item is http://www.etsy.com/listing/44818834/the-expedient-weekender-or-diaper-bag I love the owls! So cute!
fave AC book is Evil under the Sun
I was admiring this bad only earlier :-D http://www.etsy.com/listing/44818834/the-expedient-weekender-or-diaper-bag
and how about this little fella! http://www.etsy.com/listing/41057707/amigurumi-adipose
is that me done?! :-D
I only read picture books! j/k I just read Dear John and it made me cry, but it was good!ReplyDelete
I can't pick just one thing i like from Brooke's shop- her bags all look cool!
OMG I love Agatha Christie's books too! When I was a kid, I found a box of Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle paperbacks in an old abandoned house, I took them home and read them all. I can't name one favorite so heres my top three just incase you haven't read them =)ReplyDelete
1. Death Comes as the End
2. And Then There Were None
3. Death on the Nile
I also LOVE Brooke, and everything she makes!!! Picking a favorite is equally hard so here is my top three favs =)
its in the sold section but Brookers is a super hero she can make more =)
Adipose! http://www.etsy.com/listing/41057707/amigurumi-adipose?ref=sr_list_4&ga_search_query=adipose&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title Awwww isn't it cute?
*hugs her Pilicakes*
I haven't read any Agatha Christie books, but my husband Kyle likes them! His favorite that he has read is, "Murder on the Orient Express" or "Dead Man's Folly" - He really likes any of the Poirot stories.ReplyDelete
1) My favorite book is The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
2) Fave item from Brooke's store: http://www.etsy.com/listing/44818834/the-expedient-weekender-or-diaper-bag - It's a custom listing, but I LOVE the first bag listed. The owl fabric is absolutely adorable and I love the colors!
3) Adipose: http://www.etsy.com/listing/43680226/doctor-who-adipose-225-inch-pocket?ref=sr_gallery_3&ga_search_query=adipose&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes=tags&includes=title
I'm excited! If I do win the giveaway, this will be the first Agatha Christie novel I have read, and Kyle is excited about reading it as well. :)
Ah, I still thing And then There were None was the best. Who would have guessed the true murderer at the end?ReplyDelete
My favorite book of all time... maybe The Ill Made Mute. I love it!
Favorite item at the shop is the Crossbones Couture Mosh Pit bag. I love how you can customize it, and the shape is cute!
ah, everyone's linked you up already, but I might as well:
le.paradis.found at gmail dot com
Congrats on your followers!ReplyDelete
I'm not going to enter cos I already have that book but I wanted to say GOOD CHOICE on it. It's one of my favorites! (second to Endless Night)
I haven't read Agatha Christie either (I never give myself time to read anymore)but my all time fave books are Drawing Blood by Poppy Z Brite, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, and To Kill a MockingbirdReplyDelete
I love Brooke's bags, but since I'm obviously never gonna get preggers I would have to go with the mosh pit bag http://www.etsy.com/listing/35347576/crossbones-couture-mosh-pit-bag-custom they are roomy, sturdy and Awesome!!!
btw congrats on your 100 followers:)
I don't have a favorite book, but I do definitely have a favorite series:ReplyDelete
Chesapeake Bay by Nora Roberts. It's 4 books about four unlikely brothers. Wonderful series!
audreyscountrycrafts at gmail dot com
LOVE the The Quintessential Handbag from Brooke's shop!!ReplyDelete
audreyscountrycrafts at gmail dot com
1) Haha I'm on a mission to read all of Agatha Christie's books too! I even play some hidden object games based on them =] I haven't gotten to too many, but my favorite is definitely "And Then There Were None." It's just so well done! (Also my jaw literally dropped when I saw the picture of the book here, heh.)ReplyDelete
2) I think it's pretty cool that Brooke makes diaper bags, though I'm nowhere near old enough, or taken enough, to need one. The Expedient Weekender/Diaper Bag is pretty nifty though: http://www.etsy.com/listing/44818834/the-expedient-weekender-or-diaper-bag
3) Who knew fat could be so cute?! http://www.etsy.com/listing/43680226/doctor-who-adipose-225-inch-pocket
First of all, a BIG congratulations on your 100th followers! I'm sure there will be a whole lot more to come!ReplyDelete
How can I miss this wonderful giveaway~
1) You know me.. another bookworm.. so to name just one book is so tough. How about my latest favorite then - 'How to get from where you are to where you want to be' by Jack Canfield (the guy famous for his Chicken soup for the soul series). I'm going to a post on this book real soon.
2)This is one cool bag, http://www.etsy.com/listing/45286246/up-sized-the-expedient-weekender-or Love the unique color combination!
3) The fat just walks away.. hahaa. Too cute!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/43680226/doctor-who-adipose-225-inch-pocket?ref=sr_gallery_3&ga_search_query=Adipose&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
Thanks for the fun, Pili! And good luck to me!
1) I haven't read any Agatha Christie's books, but I'd like to! My favourite book is Take It Like a Man (autobiography of Boy George) or Tainted Life (autobiography of Marc Almond).ReplyDelete
2)Favourite item of Brookers is definitely this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/35347576/crossbones-couture-mosh-pit-bag-custom
Btw.. I LOVE the giveaway bag ♥ :)
I love Foundation- Issac AsimovReplyDelete
miss marples is the best.ReplyDelete
and i like the crossbones couture bag at Brook's shop.
vvb32 at yahoo.com
I agree with Right As Rain Creations - I love Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None (or Ten Little Indians)"ReplyDelete
queen-of-pain at yandex dot com
I love the Crossbones Couture Mosh Pit bag (http://www.etsy.com/listing/35347576/crossbones-couture-mosh-pit-bag-custom) in green colorReplyDelete
queen-of-pain at yandex dot com
queen-of-pain at yandex dot com
I do like Ten Little Indians.
Please count me in. Thanks.
avalonne83 [at] yahoo [dot] it
Congrats on 100 followers!ReplyDelete
My favorite Agatha Christie book has to be "And Then There Were None" since that is the only one I have read (gasp!)
At Brooke's shop, I like the Fundamental Tote the best.
The Happy Wife/Danielle
ldsmom2201 at yahoo dot com
I've never read any of her books, but one of my favorite books is Endless Night by Richard Laymon. :)ReplyDelete
I love the The Expedient Weekender bag. It says its customizeable, but I LOVE the owl pattern in the picture. so cute!!!ReplyDelete
Oooh, what a lovely giveaway! :) I have seen more Christie movies than read her books. I love to read Amy Tan's books. My fave is a toss up between, "The Kitchen God's Wife" and "The Opposite of Fate". Cheers!ReplyDelete
I love Agatha Christie! I have a lot of favourites but "Murder on the Orient Express" is one of my favourites.ReplyDelete
jentam777 AT gmail DOT com
i havent read any of her books by my favorite books are the twilight series.ReplyDelete
I don't think I've ever read an Agatha Christie book (I don't know why). One of my favorite books was The Kite Runner. Thanks!ReplyDelete
jackievillano at gmail dot com
I like this item...love the fabrics!ReplyDelete
jackievillano at gmail dot com
I have read a few Agatha Christie books and I loved them all. I think I love her Miss Marple books the most.
One of my other favourite books is The Book Thief.
Thanks for this wonderful opportunity. Love the book! Love the bags!
Fave item is the "up-sized expedient weekender bag" - Fantastic!
This is cute:
How cool that you got two copies of the book hehe!
I have not read her book yet... so I have to say the different book title.
My favourite is the No1 Lady's Detective Agency. Super cool book.
My favorite item is http://www.etsy.com/listing/44818834/the-expedient-weekender-or-diaper-bag
This is SO FUN!
Hope you had a lovely weekend :D
Oh man, I used to love love love Agatha Christie's books. I haven't read any in a long time but my all-time favorite is 'A Pocket Full of Rye.' Miss Marple and Poirot are my fave characters!ReplyDelete
My favorite from Brooke is her Expedient Weekender bag...custom listing, of course, so I can get it in cow-print someday!
Also, aside from the contest, I thought you'd like this:
Congrats on the 100 follwers Pili!!ReplyDelete
1. I've not got round to reading any Agatha Christie books yet, but I will one day :P
Otherwise one of my fav books is The Color Purple by Alice Walker
What's not to love about handbags? What makes a bag even more kickass? It is a custom made bag by one fantabulous lady! (with a large selection of animal prints!)
3. All the adipose listings have already been listed... but my fav one is defo the necklace
I don't have one particular favourite Agatha Christie book, but I do love her Poirot stories. Looking forward to getting a chance to see the new tv series too!ReplyDelete
I love the The Expedient Weekender or Diaper bag- completely custom, what a great idea to be able to customize!ReplyDelete
Omg Adipose! I'd forgotten them, so adorable and disgusting! Here they are on a pin: http://www.etsy.com/listing/43295433/doctor-who-adipose-125-inch-pinback?ref=sr_list_2&ga_search_query=adipose&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=titleReplyDelete
1. It has been awhile since I have read an Agatha book but I do remember reading quite a few. I liked the Miss Marple books.ReplyDelete
2. Love this as a diaper bag
samanthamarshall at verizon dot net
Yayyy! Okay, I haven't read any Agatha, but I'd like to. My fav book is "Eva Luna" by Isabel Allende.ReplyDelete
My fav item is "The Crossbones Couture Handbag - Completely Custom". I love me some skulls!
Christina - firstname.lastname@example.org - I love Agatha Christie's Murder On The Orient Express!ReplyDelete
Christina - email@example.com - My absolute favorite is the Couture Mosh Pit Bag, whose link is http://ww.etsy.com/listing/35347576/crossbones-couture-bag-customReplyDelete
1. My favourite is "And Then There Were None"!ReplyDelete
2. All the bags are so lovely, but I think I would have to choose the classic Quintessential Handbag :)
I haven't read Agatha Christie, but my favorite book is Lamb by Christopher Moore!ReplyDelete
I don't have kids, but I love the design and fabric combo of this bag:ReplyDelete
I found this guy on Etsy!ReplyDelete
1. I've never read Agatha Christie... so winning would broaden my reading horizons! My favorite current author is F. Paul Wilson, with his Repairman Jack series. My second favorite is Christopher Moore, with his book Lamb.ReplyDelete
2. What's not to love in Brooke's shop? I'm still partial to the Crossbones Couture days, though :)
Love that bag!
3. I don't even know what an adipose is, although I know the little dancing marshmallow man in my signature looks like one. Hmmm...
Here's a button... OMG it really does look like the little dancing marshmallow man!