Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #65!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

Now, what book am I absolutely pinning over this week and hoping it'll get on my hands already?? Talon by Julie Kagawa!!!




Goodreads Summary:

"Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Talon?? Well, DRAGONS!! Do I need to say more?? Also, Julie Kagawa has become one of my auto-buy authors, so this was very much a given!!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

12 comments:

  1. I have to say, I haven't had much luck with Julie Kagawa's books for some reason. Though I have to say this one does intrigue me, I haven't really read many dragon books, though I did love Eragon when I was younger. Great pick, Pili! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have much luck with Kagawa books. I started with the spin-off of Iron King series and have devoured everything she's written since!

      Delete
  2. Yay. <3 Awesome pick Pili :D I'm so excited about Talon too. <3 I really hope you will love it when you read it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! I do hope I'll love it too!

      Delete
  3. I am soooooooooo excited to read this one! It will be my first Kagawa read. Also DRAGONS. Squee! Hopefully it won't disappoint! Hopefully it's awesome! Not too long to go!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Julie Kagawa despite my gripes with her Vampire series. She is simply an amazing author and I am looking forward to this one, although, after having read a couple of reviews, I am mighty concerned about a few things, but hey! I know I'll still be rewarded with good storytelling skills from la Master ^_^

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Julie Kagawa has great rhythm and amazing writing and we surely have that to look forward to!!
      Thank you, Faye!

      Delete
  5. I'm dying to read this book as well! I've loved all her books and I think this one will be as amazing!
    Great pick, Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS! I agree with you, Lis! She's in my auto-buy list!

      Delete
  6. Yay Talon and DRAGONS! I got mine today and it sooooooo pretteh! Cant wait to hear bout your trip? Will u do a post about it? *hugs*
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DRAGOOOOONS!! I've just got it today too! It's so prettyyyyy!!
      And yep! I'm gonna be doing a few posts about my trip!! =D

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!