Sunday, June 15, 2014

Showcase Sunday #37!!


Showcase Sunday is a weekly feature hosted by Vicky of Books, Biscuits, and Tea where all book lovers can share with others what bookish goodness we got this week, be it purchased (physical or eBook), won, gifted or for review!

Sooooo, this week hasn't been exactly the best on terms of how I've been doing emotionally but it seems like Karma or the Universe decided to be kind to be and many many books have been dumped on me!! YAY FOR BOOKS! Two big orders from Book Outlet arrived this week (shipping is faster than I expected!!) and then I discovered this very morning that I have been approved for 5 books on Edelweiss by Harper Collins!! THEY NO LONGER HATE ME!! I really have to thank Alyssa from The Eater of Books for her advice on how to improve my profile and presence on EW to improve my chances of approval! I also got approved for a book I really wanted on NetGalley and got some awesome preorders and shopping spree on my Kindle app... books as retail therapy for the win!


Purchased (via Book Outlet)

As always, Dylan and Mini-maug are as excited as I am when I open a box full of books, and in this case, I got TWO!! A lil boo-boo was made when I ordered Thornhill before Hemlock, but that's been solved since Hemlock is also on its way to me now! And Asunder is also awaiting Incarnate on the mail. I loved Jodi's trilogy so much I need it in hardcover!



 Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
Asunder by Jodi Meadows
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas



Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock
Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff



Purchased (via Kindle app)



Fire by Kristin Cashore



The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings



(Don't You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins



Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne



For Review (via Edelweiss)

I got approved for 5 titles that I was dying for on Edelweiss by Harper Collins so a big thank you to them! My reading schedule be damned, tonight I'll read Deliverance!



Empire of Shadows by Miriam Forster



Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard



Deliverance by C.J. Redwine






In A Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis



For Review (via NetGalley)

I also got approved for a quite awaited book on NetGalley so thank you HMH!



Still Point by Katie Kacvinsky



Signed Swag!

I also got some absolutely amazing signed swag in the mail from M. G. Buehrlen! I adored her book The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare (so much I made some Ink & Batter cupcakes inspired on it) and I loved getting this super geeky swag, with a bookplate that is now making my copy a signed one and a super sweet note! Thank you so MUCH, Mandy!!






 And that's all for the amazing massive haul for this week! Whew!

What all did you guys get this week?

 

22 comments:

  1. Man, you did good this week! The BookOutlet stacks look so pretty. Fire is amazing! (Don't You) Forget About Me is too. I just read that one last week. Poison Dance is a new addition to my kindle as well. Congrats on the Harper approvals! I really want to read all of those, despite the fact that I haven't started any of those series yet (having access to a sequel motivates me to start a series, though). Lastly, the swag looks really cool. :)

    Have an awesome week, Pili! I hope it's full of awesome reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Looking at this post is cheering me up and I think I really needed the Harper approvals to improve my rather sucky week!
      I can really recommend you start all the series! Nothing like binge reading a series start to finish!
      Thank you Kaitlin!!

      Delete
  2. YAY THORNHILL! I love that series, despite usually disliking werewolf-related books. I really enjoyed Cinder and Chantress, and LOVED Poison Dance and Fire (as you know). Congrats on the Harper approvals! I'm so so so so so happy for you, lady :D

    Have a fantastic week, Pili!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, your list of pushed books is the reason I got Thornhill! (that and the fact that I got confused and thought that it was the first book of the series when I bought it and after hitting confirm I realized it's the second!! Luckily I have Hemlock also on its way to me now... *facepalm*)
      Thanks again for your advice! I wish I could send you some cupcakes to thank you properly!!

      Delete
  3. You got so many fantastic books! Fire and Anna are two of my favourite books of each genre. I've also been curious about Born of Illusions. Looking forward to seeing your thought on it.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mari! It was a great week indeed! =D

      Delete
  4. Anna and the french kiss and Lola and the boy next door are books that I adore! They are fabulous!! Such a good collection of books, I hope you enjoy them.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mia! I hope I can get to read them soon!

      Delete
  5. ALYSSA IS AWESOMER IGHT? :D She's so sweet. And oooh! LOVE Anna and Lola! I hope you love Chantress--LOVED the world. And so jealous of Empire and STrange and Ever After!!! AHHH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP! She totally is!!
      I'm BEYOND excited for all the books I was approved on by Harper!! I've even decided to try my luck again and re-request Snow Like Ashes, so cross your fingers for me, Nikki!

      Delete
  6. You got some great books this week. Such pretties, too. :) Happy reading and I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Edelweiss approval! Congratulations. :D

    I am really curious to see what you'll think of FIRE. The reactions from all my friends are so different--I hope she comes out with a new series soon, too!

    Excited that you have the Kristoffs as well. I really like those books, so I'm always anxious when friends start reading them--sometimes the wordiness can wear on some readers, but the language really is beautiful and stirring.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! It was so exciting seeing the approval sign next to those books! =D
      Fire comes "book pushes" from Alyssa and we usually have very similar taste, so I hope I'll love it!
      I've read and loved Stormdancer, kindle copy, but I love the US covers so when I saw them on BookOutlet... I jumped for them! =D

      Delete
  8. Aw, YAY for signed swag :D That is always awesome. <3 And, again, congrats on getting approved via Edelweiss, hih. <3 *Hugs* for not feeling the best. Sniffs. (Me too.) Anyway. Lots of gorgeous book :D I really, really loved Stormdancer and Kinslayer. <3 Now just dying for book three, lol. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! *hugs* I still need to read Kinslayer, hopefully soon!

      Delete
  9. SO many pretties! Hey, have you read Cinder yet?? I haven't but I'm very excited to start it!

    Anyway, AMAZING haul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah!! I read and loved Cinder, Scarlett & Cress! =)
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  10. I got Lola last week! Let me know what you think of Anna and the French Kiss! :) I really enjoyed it and I hope you do too! :D

    I am so happy you go The Murder Complex. I have seen the counter in your side bar for a while! :)

    i hope you enjoy all of your books lovely!

    Have a great week!

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alex!! =D I hope I can read Anna soon!

      Delete
  11. Oh, what a great haul! And congrats for your books from Edelweiss!
    I hope you love Anna and Lola! I love those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lis! I cannot wait to have time to read them!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!