Monday, August 5, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: Fifth Grave Past The Light by Darynda Jones!

For yet another Mark This Book Monday I'm gonna be talking about the latest book in what is one of my fave adult series right now, the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones! And here is book 5!


Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've been in love with this series from book 1, with Charley, with Reyes, with Cookie and with the fantastic humour that Darynda Jones seems to effortlessly imbue in every page!

That said, I think this one has to be my fave yet! I love how the story keeps on progressing and how despite poor Charley always getting such crap thrown at her, she's beginning to be more proactive and a lil less just reactive. She's finally believing that she's a proper kick arse grim reaper and that leads to her starting to use her powers more and finding that she can do more than expected.

About Reyes... what can I say about Reyes? I just love that he's more than just the very hot son of Satan, and that he's getting through a lot of growth himself, and I keep on finding how he and Charley interact more and more funny and adorable! The steamy scenes are well, steamy!

Some of the ongoing plots and questions are getting answers and some closure in this book, but some new are opening and leaving some even bigger questions, but it does have a feel of "starting to wrap up things" if only slightly.

But no matter what about the plot and some issues getting solved and some issues getting even bigger, this book completely hooked me, as all previous books have, with the characters and their interactions. Charley and Cookie are best friends more than just working together, Charley and Reyes are made for each other... There's that humour that gets you through the tough parts and that humour that simply makes you laugh out laud while reading.

I'm not sure if book 6 will be the last one, what I'm hoping is if the series continues, it will manage to keep me hooked this way, and won't end up falling flat like other series that have been stretched past their time. For now, this book didn't disappoint and I'm really looking forward to book 6!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!