Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Song: Summer Wine by The Corrs & Bono

In the morning today I woke up to the happy surprise of having some amazing looking strawberries that my mum had bought, since she had found them in a shop and they weren't too expensive, and while I was washing one, the first line of a song came to my mind "Strawberries, cherries and an angel's kiss in spring..." and I knew what song I had to share with you all today as Saturday Song!





This is the first time I had heard the song, the version of The Corrs, with Andrea singing with Bono (from U2, in case there's still someone who doesn't know who Bono is...) and fell in love with the song! I know it's a version from an older song, and I heard the original while waiting for a lift in a mall in Delhi (of all places) but maybe cause I heard it first, or maybe cause I like Andrea's voice better, this one remains my favourite version!


Have a good Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant version of this song. Bono and Andrea harmonised beautifully together. This is a really old song (I think it was Nancy Sinatra who did it back in the 60's), but the first time I heard it, I thought immediately of something Nick Cave would do (like his 'Wild Rose' with him singing with Kylie Minogue).

    I agree with you, Pili. This version is much better. Thanks for sharing. - June

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!