Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #79!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

Soooo, what book am I jumping up and down and very (im)patiently awaiting this week??? The Return by Jennifer L Armentrout!!




Goodreads Summary:

"The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series."



Why am I eagerly awaiting The Return? It is the start of a new spin-off series, the Titan series, that is based around Seth, the other Apollyon of the Covenant series! I am super excited to see what Seth will do now that the story focus is on him!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

26 comments:

  1. That guy looks *cough* hot. I've been dying to read JLA's novels but I haven't gotten the chance to read any of her books, yet. Great pick, Pili!

    Kyla @ Carmel & Kyla - Waiting on Wednesday #17: Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly + Shutter by Courtney Alameda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kyla, you need to read the Covenant series!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. SETHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm DYING to get my hands on The Return! Seth was my favourite character in the Covenant series so I can't wait for a book all about him!
    Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess I was all Team Aiden in the Covenant series, but I was super happy to hear that Seth was getting his own series!

      Delete
  3. Yes! I think Seth has so much potential. I hope he'll develop into an extraordinary character. I have faith, I think he'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Maja! So excited for this one!

      Delete
  4. Great pick, Pili :D I haven't read the first series yet, but one day, as I do own them all, hih. <3 Maybe. We'll see :) Anyway. I hope you will end up loving this book sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! SO cannot wait to read this one either! Though I am torturing myself by waiting to read it since I ordered a signed copy from ApollyCon. The things I do for signed copies sometimes...;)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things we do for signed copies! Waiting for a signed and dedicated copy of This Shattered Copy that arrived last week was torture, so I know what you mean, Jessica!

      Delete
  6. The Covenant series is actually the only series of Armentrout that I have not attempted... for good reason (in my opinion). While I love Greek mythology, I hated hearing about Team Aiden and Team Seth (i.e. love triangle). Heck, I didn't even read the books and I had a "team" (Aiden, of course). But I probably won't read this spinoff series either. And personally, I absolutely hate that cover. OMG. It doesn't appeal to me at all - and I read historical romance novels with bawdy covers! :D

    Anyway. That was quite a bit of feedback. I hope you love this one when you read it, Pili! Armentrout rarely disappoints :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored the Covenant series and managed rather decently with the love triangle! And I was Team Aiden through and through! ;) And you're right JLA doesn't usually disappoints at all!

      Delete
  7. I´ve only read HalfBlood and Pure so I need to catch up on the series.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll continue reading the series Adriana, it was great!

      Delete
  8. The Return was AMAZING! JLA out did herself. I wasn't a huge Seth fan until I read this one and it gave me such a better appreciation of him. Plus it is super steamy and a few characters from Covenant make an appearance. Great pick! <3

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I cannot wait to read this one! I'm so happy to hear you loved this one, Amber!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Indeed! It might not be my favourite but it's so Seth!

      Delete
  10. Such a sexy cover, I really need to get around to this! Great pick, and thanks for visiting my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This woman is like a writing machine! I love it! I haven't read her Covenant series yet though but I do believe I own book 1 and maybe 2, too >.< #Fail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm not complaining about how fast she writes, but boy she's a machine!

      Delete
  12. Armentrout has SO many books coming out, it's crazy!! I never finished the Covenant series though so this one isn't on my list! I know a lot of people are really excited for it though and I hope that when it comes out, it lives up to all your expectations for the book! :)

    Fab pick, hon! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rashika! I'm always surprised about how many books she can churn out a year and they keep up the quality too!

      Delete
  13. I really want to read this too, but I (story of my life) still haven't finished the Covenant series. I have to read the last two books, b/c I decided to wait until the series ended after book 3 . . . and here we are, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can always try and find a lil bit of time to read the final two books and then read this one, Jessica! At least you can binge read them now!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!