Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tell Me Tuesdays #23!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!


 Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock

Mac can’t lose another friend. Even if he doesn’t want to be found.

The ripple effect caused by Mac’s best friend Amy’s murder has driven Mac’s new love, Kyle, to leave Hemlock and disappear from her life forever. But Mac knows that Kyle plans to enroll in a rehabilitation camp, where he can live with other werewolves. She refuses to accept his decision, especially since the camps are rumored to be tortuous. So she sets out in search of Kyle with a barely sober Jason—and Amy’s all-seeing ghost—in tow.

Clues lead Mac to find Kyle in a werewolf den in Colorado—but their reunion is cut short by a Tracker raid. Now Mac and Kyle are trapped inside the electric fences of Thornhill, a camp for young werewolves. As she devises an escape plan, Mac uncovers dangerous secrets buried within the walls of Thornhill—and realizes that the risk to the people she loves is greater than ever before.



Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton

For readers of A Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games comes an epic new series.

The night Quin Kincaid takes her Oath, she will become what she has trained to be her entire life. She will become a Seeker. This is her legacy, and it is an honor. As a Seeker, Quin will fight beside her two closest companions, Shinobu and John, to protect the weak and the wronged. Together they will stand for light in a shadowy world. And she'll be with the boy she loves--who's also her best friend.

But the night Quin takes her Oath, everything changes. Being a Seeker is not what she thought. Her family is not what she thought. Even the boy she loves is not who she thought.

And now it's too late to walk away.



I still haven't finished The Ghosts of Heaven, but I got stuck with the story about the witch trials and I'm still steeling myself to go back to it, so right now I've started another ARC, a February one, and the sequel to Hemlock, since the final book should be arriving soon-ish (I preordered it!).

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

24 comments:

  1. I loved Hemlock but I still need to read Thornhill Pili! Looking forward to your thoughts on it. I'm starting Seeker next week and I've got my fingers crossed that it's going to be amazing. YA fantasy has suddenly become my go-to genre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read Hemlock very recently and just started Thornhill! Hopefully I'll finish it this week since it's my "take a rest of ARCs" read!
      Seeker is starting a bit slow but it's interesting so far!
      Thank you Jenny!

      Delete
  2. I read the first few chapters of Seeker days ago and liked them a lot. I hope I'll end up liking the rest just as much. I have high hopes. As for the Hemlock trilogy, I've heard fabulous things, but I have yet to read the books. I will, though, as soon as I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking both quite a fair bit, Maja! I cannot wait to hear what you think of Seeker once you read it!

      Delete
  3. I'm on the fence about Seeker, but I'm still eyeing it. I hope you like it!

    I'm reading Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding and Get Even by Gretchen McNeil. I started Get Even today because the other book is print and I didn't have it with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so far, even if the switching POVs are a bit confusing! How's Get Even so far? Hope you're liking both your reads!

      Delete
  4. I´m currently reading Thornhill too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite liking it, how are you liking it so far?

      Delete
  5. I hate Seeker's use of book comparisons. Those are some VAST expectations and comparisons. Like whoa. Ghosts of Heaven was a bit boring and confusing... Thanks Pili ;)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comparisons of Seeker are way off the way I see it so far! I don't particularly like when books do that!

      Delete
  6. Thornhill was a lot of fun! I didn't like it quite as much as I did book 1 but it was still a good sequel. I can't wait to read the 3rd!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll like Thornhill too, Giselle! I don't want to hurry up too much reading it because my copy of Willowgrove still hasn't arrived!

      Delete
  7. THORNHILLLLLLLLL! I haven't read the first one, but dude. It looks so good, ESPECIALLY for a werewolf story. SHOULD I READ ITTTTTTT? O.O I'm so tempted. BUT REVIEW BOOKS. GAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm really liking it Nikki!! I'm using it as my reward read for after my review books!!

      Delete
  8. I just saw Hemlock on my Book Bub deals. Maybe I should have picked it up. I haven't started the Ghosts of Heaven sampler yet. I requested the full eARC last week, but they didn't approve me before it archived today. I was going to start readin Ruin and Rising, but I am more in the mood for an ebook. I have to look through my Kindle and see what looks ineresting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hemlock is very cool story, my review for it will be up later this week, La!
      Ooooh Ruin & Rising you definitely NEED to read soon!

      Delete
  9. YAYAYAYAYAY TO BOTH! I loved both, and hope you do too! Thornhill might have been my favorite, of the three books? Or maybe Willowgrove? I LOVED THE WHOLE SERIES :D And Seeker!

    As for me, I read All That Burns by Ryan Graudin (liked a lot!) and A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas (ehhh, really wanted to like more) :)

    Happy reading!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeker just got better as I was reading last night, more action, more revelations! And Thornhill I'm saving as reward read! ;)
      A Wicked Thing... I've had my doubts about this one, you know I tend to be wary of retellings...

      Delete
  10. Seeker sounds really interesting! <3 I'm also a mood reader. If I don't feel like YA, I'll just pick up something from another genre. It gets really complicated because then you're halfway through a bunch of different books! ^^ x

    Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeker is quite cool because is a mix of two genres! And yeah, juggling different books is quite a talent we mood readers need to master!

      Delete
  11. Best of luck with these books Pili :D I had some issues with Thornhill, but did enjoy it. <3 Seeker isn't a book for me, but I adore the cover :D So pretty. I hope you are loving them both sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Seeker has a big love triangle, so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't enjoy it.
      I hope I can love Thornhill!
      Thank you sweetie!

      Delete
  12. I'm also a mood reader. Sometimes I'm grateful I don't get ARCs (only 45% of the time haha). I like reading whatever without a time limit you know. Good luck with both these books Pili xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's a bit oigh having ARCs to read when you really want to read something else, but it's not too hard to find a balance! Thank you Helena!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el dĂ­a!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!