Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #76!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

So, what book am I impatiently and biting my nails while I wait for it this week? Invaded by Melissa Landers!!




Goodreads Summary:

 "The romantic sequel to Alienated takes long-distance relationships to a new level as Cara and Aelyx long for each other from opposite ends of the universe...until a threat to both their worlds reunites them.

Cara always knew life on planet L’eihr would be an adjustment. With Aelyx, her L’eihr boyfriend, back on Earth, working to mend the broken alliance between their two planets, Cara is left to fend for herself at a new school, surrounded by hostile alien clones. Even the weird dorm pet hates her.

Things look up when Cara is appointed as human representative to a panel preparing for a human colony on L’eihr. A society melding their two cultures is a place where Cara and Aelyx could one day make a life together. But with L’eihr leaders balking at granting even the most basic freedoms, Cara begins to wonder if she could ever be happy on this planet, even with Aelyx by her side.

Meanwhile, on Earth, Aelyx, finds himself thrown into a full-scale PR campaign to improve human-L’eihr relations. Humans don’t know that their very survival depends on this alliance: only Aelyx’s people have the technology to fix the deadly contamination in the global water supply that human governments are hiding. Yet despite their upper hand, the leaders of his world suddenly seem desperate to get humans on their side, and hardly bat an eye at extremists’ multiple attempts on Aelyx’s life."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Invaded this week? Well, I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the first book in the series, Alienated and I loved it enough to preorder it! So now after that ending, waiting for the sequel has been no fun at all! I cannot wait till my preorder of Invaded gets here!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

32 comments:

  1. The wait for this one has definitely been killer! The ending of Alienated was just AHHHHHHH! I've got this one pre-ordered too. February cant come quick enough! This one is bound to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!! I need my preorder NOOOOW!!! Did you read the short story Samantha?

      Delete
  2. I still have to read Alienated but I can't wait Pili! I've been lucky enough to meet Melissa a number of times as she lives nearby, and she is the sweetest. I'm pretty excited I'll be able to binge read both of these though. I love it when I can do that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge reading is the best! Oh so lucky to have met Melissa! I've only interacted with her via Twitter, but she is the sweetest!

      Delete
  3. I liked the first book well enough, but apparently not enough to want to continue the series. The covers are wonderful, though, they make me want to own the books just so I could hug them all day.
    Weird? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maja, I know the feeling! Cover lust is real!! There are books I don't really feel like reading but I want to own them and have them look pretty on my shelves!

      Delete
  4. Oh oh I've always wanted to try Alienated! I heard it's got a lot of politics so that sounds interesting! Aliens and politics~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you need to binge read these two, Eileen!!

      Delete
  5. I still have to read Alienated! I've read so many good things about this series.
    And I love these covers so much!
    I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lis! I hope you'll give the series a try and binge read them!

      Delete
  6. Oh yes! I am looking forward to this one, too. It was such an interesting story....

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this book! Soooo precious :D I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll love it too! Cannot wait to get my preorder!!

      Delete
  8. *grabby hands* So excited for this one! And I can't wait to get a hardcover that will look gorgeous next to Alienated! *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!! They're gonna look SO PRETTY TOGETHER!!

      Delete
  9. Gah I still need to read Alienated! I've heard fantabulous things about this series--I will have to remedy that this year.

    Great pick, Pili! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge reading both is a very good idea Melanie!!

      Delete
  10. I've been meaning to read the first book -- it got a lot of positive feedback!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it! It was deeper in meaning than I had expected at first!

      Delete
  11. I also waiting for this one. Nice pick!
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally forgot the sequel to Invaded was coming out this year! Gahhh, I keep being distracted by all the wonderful books coming out this year! At least once this is out, I'll have an excuse to binge read the dulogy!

    Fantastic pick, Pili! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge reading is the best, isn't it Rashika!? =D
      So many amazing books for 2015!

      Delete
  13. I just got my copy of Alienated and I also preordered Invaded! So many books so little time *le sigh* Lovely picks my dear!
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS! I'm sure you'll love them both Britt!! =D

      Delete
  14. Yes, yes, yes! I want this one so bad, but what books don't I want right lol Awesome pick Pili xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curse of the bookworm, wanting books! Thank you Helena!

      Delete
  15. I adored this book. <3 Great pick Pili :D I really hope and think that you will love this book. <3 Curious to hear your thoughts on it :) I got to read it in APRIL last year! Eeeek. That is FOREVER ago. Means I must wait even longer if there is going to be a third book :p Sigh. But still. I adored it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm hoping I'll love it too!
      And you can always re-read Alienated & Invaded once we get the announcement for the third book! *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  16. GAH. Alienated is on my TBR from last year, LOL. Here's hoping Invaded will live up to your expectations, and your inevitable review will motivate me to finally getting started myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to remind you to read the books once I've read Invaded Jessica! ;)
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!