Monday, June 13, 2011

Mark This Book Monday: Pretty Little Liars Series!

Another Monday is rolling in, and what a better way to start a new week than with an entertaining series of books to read! Mark This Book Monday today is all about the Pretty Little Liars!


I actually heard about the TV show based in the books before the books themselves, and I started watching the Pretty Little Liars ABC show before I got to reading the books, but since I'm a very impatient person, and all the mystery about A in the show was driving me bonkers, I decided I needed to catch up with the books.


There are 10 books in the series, only 8 of them are out right now, with 2 coming soon(ish):

- Pretty Little Liars

- Flawless

- Perfect

- Unbelievable

- Wicked

- Killer

- Heartless

- Wanted

- Twisted (coming out this July!)

- Ruthless (just checked amazon.uk and this one should come out this December!)




I'm pretty sure you have heard about them, if not the books, the show. Four pretty girls from this perfect town called Rosewood, share a secret (or a few) and their common best friend disappeared, is then found dead, so there's a murder. They start receiving messages from a mysterious A, threatening to reveal their secrets, only known by their dead friend Allison.


If you can get past all the brand naming here and there (or if you particularly enjoy that, good for you), they're very fast and very entertaining books, with twists and tricks, and false clues leading you in the wrong direction, like any good murder mystery book. Upon finishing the one I thought was the last book, Wanted, all the mysteries seem to be solved, but there is a little something left there... and I guess that where the next two books will be picking up from.


I'm intrigued to see how Sara Shepard is gonna move the series from the ending point of Wanted forward, and I also need to watch on the show, I have the last two episodes to watch, before the premiere of the second season!


Quite entertaining to watch & read, but also makes me grateful my High School years were nothing like that, too much stress & drama, oh my! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm hooked on the TV series and have read the first book! I'm afraid to read any more because I think I would rather find out who A is on the show, hahahaha.

    In what book do they reveal it?

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!