Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Munchies: Cauliflower with Ham!

Monday again, and this week is once again time to feed the tummy!


I'm always willing to try new recipes, and even more when they're new ways to eat some veggies that I'm not too keen on, since I'm always trying to eat as many different veggies as often as possible.




Cauliflower With Ham
Serves 4

Ingredients:

- 1 cauliflower
- 100 gr ham in one piece/slice
- 1 onion
- 2 yogurts
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 parsley sprig
- Paprika
- Salt & pepper

Method:

- Cut the ham in cubes. Clean the cauliflower and separate into florets, then wash them. Peel the onion and chop it finely.

- Boil the cauliflower in salted water for about 10 to 15 minutes. In the mean time, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and fry the onion for about 7 to 8 minutes until translucent.

- Add the ham and sprinkle with the flour. Let it brown a bit so it loses the raw taste and slowly pour the broth while whisking it to dissolve the flour. Salt & pepper to taste and boil during 3 to 4 minutes stirring often. Add the yogurts and simmer it for another 2 minutes.

- Drain the cauliflower and divide into the 4 plates. Cover with the yogurt & ham sauce and sprinkle it with some paprika to taste. Wash & dry the parsley, separating the leaves and decorating the dishes with it.

- Serve hot & enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. oooh, I bet the paprika really perks up that dish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cauliflower! I love the Indian vegetarian dish with cauliflower but I never dare to try. It is too difficult with too many ingredients. This is the one that looks so yummy and I want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am not a big fan of cauliflower but i will definitely try something you suggest. maybe you will change my mind! =)

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!