Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wearing Handmade Wednesday: ReLovePlan.et!!

Wednesday is here once again, and since I had last weekend off, and my laptop sort of behaved, I managed to process a bunch of pics for various blog entries, including this one. Since I intend to keep my 3 blog entries per week, I'll be alternating Traveling Thursdays & Wearing Handmade Wednesdays.


Buying handmade mostly means buying online for me, and by a jest comment of the bf, and my own realization, I've noticed I barely find anything to buy offline that I really like, and sometimes when I do, I compare it to something I own, or I've seen in an online shop, and even if it might be cheaper, I just don't buy it. Last weekend I went shopping with a friend, and I only bought conditioner (one of the few things I still buy offline, along with hair mask, trousers, jeans & most shoes, and groceries, of course). Going through the shop I kept finding things she liked, and she went to try on like 6 or 7 items, I kept on looking at this loose tunic and thinking that I had one at home that was way more lovely, and made of habutai silk, so I paid more for it, but really, the feel of the fabric said it all!


After this digression of mine, let's go back to our Wearing Handmade Wednesday entry of the week!


My awesome & super comfy LOVE AlterEco Clothing top


Let me introduce you to the very awesome and inspiring, Bianca, the Canadian lady being the AlterEco Clothing brand and the ReLovePlan.et brand & dare I say, even movement?. She's an amazingly positive person, vegan, animal lover and a lover of our poor mistreated planet. And she's not one just to talk, but also one to take action, so she reuses fabric & old clothes, uses mainly organic cotton & bamboo for her creations, and in her blog she has all sort of motivational posts, yummy vegan recipes and causes she believes & fights for.

So, aside from checking her Etsy shop for her awesome clothing, do check her blog and her website, and if you want, you can like her on Facebook!

11 comments:

  1. Nice t-shirt! Love the color!
    Will have to check out her shop - need to support fellow Canadians :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I have been finding clothes in stores around town. I feel that most everything that I buy handmade from local artist around the world has much better quality then anything that I have bought recently. There is more love put into the produce then any mass produced shirt on the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE bianca! That shirt is amazing, i love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Bianca! She's an awesome lady, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like im taking a big risk buying clothing online. Im currently waiting for my biggest purchase from an online Etsy seller, a bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding. Fingers crossed for the sizing! Im heading over to check out this blog.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww thanks for this beautiful post and sharing my work! You look so lovely in the top :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO picky about fabric. I could fine the most beautiful, flattering dress and wouldn't buy it if I didn't love the fabric. And handmade is always best -- what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool shirt! And you look good on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that shirt is great on you! I think handmade is all about quality not quantity! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. bianca makes some really cute things, and you got one of them! =)

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!