Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #83!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!


What book am I dying-of-impatience-because-I-want-it-to-be-here-but-damn-it's-not-yet, why is not yet here this week? The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows!!!





Goodreads Summary:

 Wilhelmina has a hundred identities.

She is a princess. When the Indigo Kingdom conquered her homeland, Wilhelmina and other orphaned children of nobility were taken to Skyvale, the Indigo Kingdom’s capital. Ten years later, they are the Ospreys, experts at stealth and theft. With them, Wilhelmina means to take back her throne.

She is a spy. Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate Skyvale Palace to study their foes. They assume the identities of nobles from a wraith-fallen kingdom, but enemies fill the palace, and Melanie’s behavior grows suspicious. With Osprey missions becoming increasingly dangerous and their leader more unstable, Wil can’t trust anyone.

She is a threat. Wraith is the toxic by-product of magic, and for a century using magic has been forbidden. Still the wraith pours across the continent, reshaping the land and animals into fresh horrors. Soon it will reach the Indigo Kingdom. Wilhelmina’s magic might be the key to stopping the wraith, but if the vigilante Black Knife discovers Wil’s magic, she will vanish like all the others

Jodi Meadows introduces a vivid new fantasy full of intrigue, romance, dangerous magic, and one girl’s battle to reclaim her place in the world.



Why am I eagerly awaiting The Orphan Queen? Two main reasons: it's fantasy!! And it's by Jodi Meadows!! Also, I read the sampler and I'm simply dying to read the rest! I NEED MOOOORE!!


What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

18 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one around! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

      Delete
  2. I so enjoyed this one Pili! Epic cliffhanger warning, but other than that I thought it was amazing. I can't wait to compare notes with you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be warned about the cliffy, Jenny! I cannot wait till I can read it and flail about it!

      Delete
  3. I'm excited about this one too, but I'm not dying like you are, b/c someone warned me that what I'd be approved for on edelweiss was in fact a preview. Otherwise, I'd have walked right into that trap. And I don't do previews. It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull. And I'm the bull ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Previews can be both a curse and a blessing! A curse because if you like the book, it's only a part of it!!! And a blessing because you can avoid books you wouldn't like!

      Delete
  4. My exact feelings about what you said about samplers above! I hope you get the book soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you La! I'm getting a Kindle edition, so it'll be in my hands at midnight release day! =D

      Delete
  5. I preordered this book! I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSSS. Best pick Pili :D Thank you for sharing. <3 Sigh. I am dying for this book too. IT WILL BE AMAZING. I just know it :D Fingers crossed our pre-orders will arrive soon, hih. <3 hope you'll love it sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS!! All the fingers crossed so we can get it on release day!! =D

      Delete
  7. I wish I could send you my ARC! It's currently touring the US between bloggy people.Only a few more weeks to go though! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Pili :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooow!! I'm so excited! SO SOON!!
      You have a great week too, Alyssa!

      Delete
  8. Yesss, I totally agree with the Orphan Queen as well, how awesome does the blurb sound? I hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so amazing, doesn't it?? I hope we'll both read it soon and love it!

      Delete
  9. I'd love to read this one as well. I feel like it would be an even greater book that her previous fantasy series!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooved the Incarnate series so I'm so damned excited for this one!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!