Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tell Me Tuesdays #26!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library, where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!



 The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark

Maddy Spier's been in love with the boy next door forever. As his figure skating partner she spends time in his arms every day. But she’s also seen his arms around other girls—lots of other girls. How can she make him realize that they can be partners off the ice as well? Gabe’s relationship with Maddy is vital. He can’t imagine skating with anyone else, and together they have a real chance at gold–maybe even making it to the Olympics! So he’s decided to think of her as a sister. After all, family is forever, but he’s never dated anyone for more than two weeks. Then their coach assigns a new romantic skating program, and everything changes. Will this be the big break that Maddy’s been hoping for or the big break-up that Gabe has always feared?





 Pointe by Brandy Colbert

Theo is better now.

She's eating again, dating guys who are almost appropriate, and well on her way to becoming an elite ballet dancer. But when her oldest friend, Donovan, returns home after spending four long years with his kidnapper, Theo starts reliving memories about his abduction—and his abductor.

Donovan isn't talking about what happened, and even though Theo knows she didn't do anything wrong, telling the truth would put everything she's been living for at risk. But keeping quiet might be worse.







 Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

In her New York Times bestselling and Morris Award-winning debut, Rachel Hartman introduces mathematical dragons in an alternative-medieval world to fantasy and science-fiction readers of all ages. Eragon-author Christopher Paolini calls them, "Some of the most interesting dragons I've read in fantasy."

Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.

Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.



The Boy Next Door is this month's book for The Reader's Lounge Book Club and I've just read the first 10 chapters but so far I really like it! I'm loving all the ice skating terms and the ballet references! Pointe is this month's Alyssa Recommends book and again with all the ballet references it's got points with me already! This one is gonna be a tough book to read because of the topics. And Seraphina is historical fantasy with dragons, although slow but VERY fascinating!

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

13 comments:

  1. Seraphina is definitely slow in the beginning (and confusing with all those people in her head), but I ended up really enjoying it and can't wait to see what you think Pili! Shadow Scale is absolutely enormous, 600+ pages, so I'm thinking I probably should do a re-read of this one first so I don't find myself lost. Yay dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seraphina is huge but it's so fascinating indeed! I'm glad I'm gonna be reading both back to back because that way I won't forget anything important! YAY dragons indeed Jenny!

      Delete
  2. I love figure skating (watching it), so maybe I would like The Boy Nextdoor. I also love ballet (watching it), my college housemate was a ballerina, and I used to do stage lighting for a local ballet company, so Pointe looks interesting, too! I am going to get Seraphina from the library because, as you know, I got the eARC of Shadow Scale, but only had a chapter sampler of Seraphina. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy Seraphina, so far I'm really liking it, even if it's a slow read. Cannot wait to hear what you think of it, La!

      Delete
  3. Last night I started Slayers by C.J. Hill (pen name of Janette Rallison). It's really good so far! It's about dragons and dragon slayers and it's just as sassy as the books I've read by Janette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for books about dragons and sassiness!!

      Delete
  4. Happy reading Pili. <3 Looks like great books :D I own an ARC of book one, but unsure about whether I want to read it or not :p Will see, lol. And Seraphina. Sigh. I loved it to pieces. I didn't find it very slow, though, hih, as I think it's beautiful. <3 I hope you will end up loving it :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Seraphina doesn't seem slow in a bad way, it's mostly leisurely! =D And so far I really like it!
      Thank you sweetie!

      Delete
  5. Goodness! So many! I really enjoyed Pointe, and Seraphina - but I probably won't be reading Shadow Scale. It would seem that I might not like it! Which is fine, as it's been so long anyway. But. I hope you enjoy it - and these books - once you read them, Pili!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyssa! I'm hoping to spend more time with Pointe and Seraphina tomorrow since I have the day sort of off!

      Delete
  6. I've heard some awesome things about Pointe - I'm hoping to pick up once I lift my library ban off myself *grumble grumble*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to be better at focusing on our piles instead of adding more books to it, but so hard not to be distracted by all the pretties!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!