Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #80!!


 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

What book am I absolutely dying to get my hands on, has-my-preorder-arrived-in-the-mail-yet-dammit!!? The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury!!




Goodreads Summary:

"Seventeen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she’s engaged to the prince, Twylla isn’t exactly a member of the court.

She’s the executioner.

As the Goddess embodied, Twylla instantly kills anyone she touches. Each month she’s taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love a girl with murder in her veins. Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to Twylla’s fatal touch, avoids her company.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose easy smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he’s able to look past Twylla’s executioner robes and see the girl, not the Goddess. Yet Twylla’s been promised to the prince, and knows what happens to people who cross the queen.


However, a treasonous secret is the least of Twylla’s problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies, a plan that requires a stomach-churning, unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?"



Why am I eagerly awaiting The Sin Eater's Daughter? Well, just look at that cover!! And that summary!! And then some of my fellow bloggy canaries have read and loved it, so now I'm even MOOOORE excited than I already was!!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

28 comments:

  1. Been seeing a lot of this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait till I get my hardcover! Thank you Jessica!

      Delete
  2. I'm super excited about this one too. The kindle version has been on sale for $2.99 for weeks now in the States. I don't know if it is where you are, but it's worth checking out ;) Great pick, Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked but not on sale on Amazon.ES, but I preordered the hardcover a while back, so it'll be a question of waiting for the mail! Thank you Jessica!

      Delete
  3. Yay :D Great pick Pili. <3 I got my copy last week, hih :D The UK paperback is out tomorrow. <3 I'm excited about this book too. But nervous :p I need to know more about the romance before I start it, lol. I hope you'll love this book sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I preordered the US hardcover so I'm still waiting for my copy, that I'm gonna be reading as soon as it arrives!
      Thank you sweetie!

      Delete
  4. YES PILI!!!! I can't wait for this one either, everything about it calls to me. Gorgeous cover, intriguing synopsis, gorgeous cover ;-) I need this in my hands immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess I would have bought it by the cover alone, because it's SO pretty! But a bloggy friend of mine read the ARC and told me I HAD to preorder it! ;) I hope we'll both love it Jenny!

      Delete
  5. I was seriously going to scroll away and then I read this: "She’s the executioner." I think I will love this. Thanks for sharing!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? That's the line that totally hooked me too, Mari! =D

      Delete
  6. I ALMOST bought this one in Waterstones today! I've been seeing it around for a while and I spotted it on the YA table and I was so tempted to buy it! It sounds fantastic!
    Brilliant pick, Pili! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have, Samantha! I cannot wait till my hardback arrives home!!

      Delete
  7. I keep hearing really good things about this one!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've read some really amazing reviews for this one and I'm really excited!

      Delete
  8. I hope you enjoy it more than I did... shouldn't be hard, sadly ;)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so, Alyssa! I had a sad when I saw you didn't like it!

      Delete
  9. PILI THIS BOOK IS SO SO SO AMAZING. SERIOUSLY. YOU *NEED* THIS BOOK AND THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT. And right? THAT COVER. Gotta thank Hafsah for putting this on my radar lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!! So happy to hear you loved it Nikki! I cannot wait for my preorder to arrive!

      Delete
  10. I really love the sound of this novel, with the executioner, the kingdom and protection, it sounds nothing short of epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?!? I'm so excited for this one, Jeann!!

      Delete
  11. I hope you adore this one, Pili! It's soooo good and yeah. *flails* *jumps up and down* I bet the hard cover will be gorgeous :')

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAY!!! I seriously cannot get my hands on my copy, Rashika!!

      Delete
  12. I need this one so bad!! I'm mentally kicking myself for not having requested from the pub :P Nice pick <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! And yes you should have requested it! ;)

      Delete
  13. I had an egalley of this, but when I went to open it today to start reading, it won't go past the 3rd page. I'm so sad!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stacee was gushing all over the place about it, and when I read the synopsis I felt it was a story I would enjoy, so as you know, I'm "waiting on" it with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm hoping I'll get mine soon, because you'll be able to start it at midnight on release day! ;)

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!