Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #40!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!


What book am I is-it-here-yet-eagerly-awaiting this week? Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo!!





Goodreads Summary:


"The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Ruin & Rising? Well, I absolutely adored Shadow & Bone and the world it was set in, with the Russian & Slavic references and feel to it, and even though Siege & Storm I didn't love as much as I hoped, I cannot wait to see what's in store for us in this book! I cannot wait to see if Alina will get through her challenges and beat her inner demons!


What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

10 comments:

  1. Amazing pick sweetie :D I am DYING for Ruin and Rising as well. <3 *Needs it now, lol* :D I cannot wait much longer. Agh. Have been waiting forever ;p I really hope we will both love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, so do I!! Even worse for me, my Kindle edition releases two days later!!! Arrrrghhhhhh!!!
      I hope we'll love it!!

      Delete
  2. PILI!!! *pounces on this book* I NEED IT IN MY HANDS IMMEDIATELY! I have to know what happens with Alina and Mal and the Darkling. So glad we don't have to wait too much longer, I'm not sure I could deal with it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jenny!! I'm seriously dying to see what happens with the battles and the fight, and Alina and Mal and Drumstrong!! I'm so gonna be avoiding Twitter for a pair of days cause my Kindle edition of the book is the one that releases on Thursday instead of on Tuesday!!! It's gonna be killing me!!

      Delete
  3. OMG YES! I love these books! I didn't think I would enjoy Siege and Storm, for some reason, which is why I waited until a few months ago to read the book. But I loved it! I cannot wait to read Ruin and Rising. I hope you and I and the world love this one! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Pili!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, final book on a trilogy, SO hoping this one is one of the good ones!!! Thanks for visiting even when you're laptop-less, Alyssa!

      Delete
  4. I'm currently reading the first book in the series and finding it hard to get used to because I didn't get a glossary, I think once I get used to it I'll start to enjoy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember getting a hold of the terms as I was reading and wondering at times what some things were, but it didn't dimish my love for Shadow & Bone, I fell madly in love with the world! I hope you'll like it, Jeann!

      Delete
  5. I honestly have to get on this series and soon. I'm not sure why I haven't already given that, I love high fantasy and foreign settings, especially Russia. Great choice :)

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, as soon as the final book comes out you need to binge read this series for sure! The world building is amazing!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!