Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #59!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

Soooo, what book am I absolutely dying to get my hands on this week?? Mortal Gods by Kendare Blake!!





Goodreads Summary:

"Ares, God of War, is leading the other dying gods into battle. Which is just fine with Athena. She's ready to wage a war of her own, and she's never liked him anyway. If Athena is lucky, the winning gods will have their immortality restored. If not, at least she'll have killed the bloody lot of them, and she and Hermes can die in peace.

Cassandra Weaver is a weapon of fate. The girl who kills gods. But all she wants is for the god she loved and lost to return to life. If she can't have that, then the other gods will burn, starting with his murderer, Aphrodite.

The alliance between Cassandra and Athena is fragile. Cassandra suspects Athena lacks the will to truly kill her own family. And Athena fears that Cassandra's hate will get them ALL killed.

The war takes them across the globe, searching for lost gods, old enemies, and Achilles, the greatest warrior the world has ever seen. As the struggle escalates, Athena and Cassandra must find a way to work together. Because if they can't, fates far worse than death await.
"



Why am I eagerly awaiting Mortal Gods?? Well, I read and loved Antigoddess, the first book in this new series and the ending killed me! I cannot wait to see what comes next, and I'm even hoping I can get to attend a signing with Kendare Blake!!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

14 comments:

  1. I still have to read Antigoddess... well, I have the book! But with the original cover. Hopefully you can go to that signing!! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the original cover, and I'm happy I got my paperback with it! I do hope I can make the schedules and timings work too! Thank you, Alyssa!

      Delete
  2. I received this for review a while back. But since I never read the first book yet, I haven't gotten to read this one either!

    My WoW:

    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-71-salt-stone-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Antigoddess so I hope you'll get to read it and this one soon, Alicia!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh!!! I still need to read Antigoddess Pili!!! I have a copy on my shelf but I've gotten distracted by other things. Reader fail. I think this will work out better though since you mentioned a killer ending, so now I'll have less time to wait in between books:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenny!! You have to!! Antigoddess was great and it's probably a wise move to read it just before Mortal Gods is released! Evil ending indeed, trust me!

      Delete
  4. Yes! I'm starting this gorgeousness today in preparation for an interview with Kendare and I can't wait to actually read it! You're right about that last ending, it darned near killed me. Plus, the cover is just awesome. *goes to hug book*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maja!! I cannot wait to 1) Hear what you think of this one!! 2) Read your interview with Kendare!!
      That ending was a killer and I'm hoping Mortal Gods won't have another ending like that, or I'm not sure I'll be able to deal with it!

      Delete
  5. Greek mythology, weeee! :D Have you read Antigoddess? I haven't yet, but I'm hoping to get around to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS! Lili, go read Antigoddess nooooow! It was amazing and fantastic and for a Greek mythology lover like yourself, it is a must!!

      Delete
  6. I still need to read Antigoddess! I really want to fit that one in soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you will Kaitlin, Antigoddess was a fantastic book!

      Delete
  7. Yay :D Awesome pick Pili. <3 I really loved this book. Sigh. But it is heartbreaking :( I hope you will love it too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit scared of the heartbreak, but I hope I'll love it too! Thank you sweetie!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!