Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #58!!


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

Well, this week I'm biting my nails awaiting the release of Jackaby by William Ritter!!




Goodreads Summary:

"“Miss Rook, I am not an occultist,” Jackaby said. “I have a gift that allows me to see truth where others see the illusion--and there are many illusions. All the world’s a stage, as they say, and I seem to have the only seat in the house with a view behind the curtain.”

Newly arrived in New Fiddleham, New England, 1892, and in need of a job, Abigail Rook meets R. F. Jackaby, an investigator of the unexplained with a keen eye for the extraordinary--including the ability to see supernatural beings. Abigail has a gift for noticing ordinary but important details, which makes her perfect for the position of Jackaby’s assistant. On her first day, Abigail finds herself in the midst of a thrilling case: A serial killer is on the loose. The police are convinced it’s an ordinary villain, but Jackaby is certain it’s a nonhuman creature, whose existence the police--with the exception of a handsome young detective named Charlie Cane--deny.

Doctor Who meets Sherlock in William Ritter’s debut novel, which features a detective of the paranormal as seen through the eyes of his adventurous and intelligent assistant in a tale brimming with cheeky humor and a dose of the macabre."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Jackaby? Well when I first heard it was described as a mix of Sherlock with Doctor Who, I was completely sold! Add to that some very positive reviews from some of my canaries and I'm dying to get my hands on this one!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

18 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one, but I loveeeeee historical fiction! I saw the words "handsome young detective" and I was HUH??!? Me likes the sound of that ;) Plus Sherlock! Interesting :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, YES, YES!! Doctor Who & Sherlock mixed and historical fiction!! I'm dying for this one!!

      Delete
  2. I was lucky enough to get this at BEA and now you've made me SO excited to read it :) :(
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I recently got me sampler of it and cannot wait to sit and read it! =D

      Delete
  3. Great pick Pili :D I hope you will love this book. <3 I have seen many people love it :) I'm not sure, though, as I have not seen Sherlock or Doctor Who :p One day, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thank you Carina! I'm so excited for this one!

      Delete
  4. Sherlock + Doctor Who = WIN, PILI!!!!! I can't wait for this one either, it sounds creepy and unnerving and hints at a possible romance so count me in. *rubs hands together with glee*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS! YES! YES! I'm so excited about this oneeee!! I do hope we'll both love it to bits, Jenny!

      Delete
  5. I can't decide on this one. It kind of sounds good. But I'm not really a Sherlock person, other than the movies with Robert Downey Jr. And while I'm told I would like Doctor Who, I've just never had the chance to try it. But I hope you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I do hope you'll give both this book and Doctor Who a chance soon!

      Delete
  6. Sherlock mixed with Doctor Who? Who wouldn't wait that?! This seems to be right up my alley, Pili! I can't thank you enough for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super happy to have helped you discovered this one, Maja! You always find such gems for me!

      Delete
  7. I really, really want to read this one. It looks so interesting! Plus, I do love Sherlock (though I haven't seen Doctor Who). Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sounds fantastic! And YES to Sherlock!
      I do hope you'll give Doctor Who a try soon-ish!!
      Thanks Kaitlin!

      Delete
  8. I just got this one!!! THE COVER IS AMAZING. And it sounds so so sooooooo gooooooodddddddddd. GAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooooow!! I so love the cover!! I cannot wait to get this one in my hands!!

      Delete
  9. I have this one as an ARC! I've only read the first few pages, but it was really good from what I've seen! I loved the narration. You'll love this one as well, I'm certain. The heroine is very likeable and can be sassy.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I cannot wait to see what you think once you finish the book!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!