Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tell Me Tuesdays #10!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!




Lailah by Nikki Kelly


The girl knows she’s different. She doesn’t age. She has no family. She has visions of a past life, but no clear clues as to what she is, or where she comes from. But there is a face in her dreams – a light that breaks through the darkness. She knows his name is Gabriel.

On her way home from work, the girl encounters an injured stranger whose name is Jonah. Soon, she will understand that Jonah belongs to a generation of Vampires that serve even darker forces. Jonah and the few like him, are fighting with help from an unlikely ally – a rogue Angel, named Gabriel.

In the crossfire between good and evil, love and hate, and life and death, the girl learns her name: Lailah. But when the lines between black and white begin to blur, where in the spectrum will she find her place? And with whom?

Gabriel and Jonah both want to protect her. But Lailah will have to fight her own battle to find out who she truly is.



When I first saw Lailah around I wasn't very sure about it, but then I met Nikki, the author, on Twitter and she's the sweetest person ever, and then the reviews for it from some of my canaries like Octavia from Read, Sleep, Repeat and Crystal, made me super intrigued! I have been dying to get my hands on an ARC of it for a long while and thanks to Nikki herself and Danny from Bewitched Bookworms, now I DO!! Thank you!

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

 

22 comments:

  1. Well.. best of luck with this book Pili. <3 I do hope you will love it :) And oh. I was so excited for it. But there is no way I will read it. No way at all. Stupid love triangles :( and this one is bad, I've heard. So not for me. Sniffs. But crossing my fingers you will like it :) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie! I've been well warned about the love triangle and so far it's not annoying me all that much!

      Delete
  2. Oooo YAY! I'm starting this one soon Pili and can't wait to see what you think! I know Danny loved it, and she and I are almost always on the same page with books, so I have high hopes:) Such a beautifully creep cover too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so far I'm very much intrigued my the mysteries and not bothered by the triangle, which is quite saying something!!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy this books lovely! There is nothing better than a sweet author! I think that can sometimes sway me to read a book if the author is a genuine and nice person! :)

    Thanks for sharing & have a great week! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex!!
      And same here if an author is awesome and genuine I will give a book a try even if at first I wasn't drawn to it!

      Delete
  4. Mostly I have books scheduled for review, like you, but I do read according to my mood sometimes too. Especially over the weekend. I have to indulge or I'd go crazy. But pretty much I choose based on recommendations and trusted reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, only scheduled and review books would drive me mad! I have to indulge in a coveted ARC or a me read now and then or I end up in a reading slump!

      Delete
  5. Ha ha, you and Britter are going to be reading the same book AGAIN!!!! Lol. Well, because you were one of the people who convinced me to read the Throne of Glass series you know I will be reading it soon, now that the devil of an ARC August is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all without even planning a buddy read! Odd things about the universe, I guess!
      I'm so so happy that you're starting Throne of Glass, I'm a huuuuge fan of the series, and I really hope you'll love it! =D

      Delete
  6. Oh, hey! I won an ARC of this book in a giveaway! I was also kinda iffy on it, but since I have it I think I'll give it a shot!

    I just finished reading "MARY: The Summoning" and I LOVED it! It was a review book! And it was creepy and awesome! :) And to continue on with the theme of horror, later today I think I'm gonna be starting "Party Games" by R.L. Stine! Love me some Fear Street! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about Mary: The Summoning, but since I'm a wuss, I'm having reservations about it!
      I do hope you'll read and love this one Lili!

      Delete
  7. This book sounded interesting to me until I heard about the darn love triangle. >_<
    Still, curious to read your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The love triangle was also a bit of concern for me, but it didn't end up bothering me as much as I feared!

      Delete
  8. Waaahhh. I ended up hating this one like insanely. Review on Sunday ;D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooow, I saw on GR... what a bummer! *sadface*

      Delete
  9. Huh, I didn't give this one much of a thought though I saw it around. Now that I've read the synopsis, I'm considerably more interested. Thanks for sharing :)

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I got you interested in this one, Mari! ;)

      Delete
  10. Yes!!!! So excited to start this too in almost done Jackaby which is amazing by the way. Thanks for participating in tell me Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, so excited for Jackaby!! Happy to hear it's amazing!! =D

      Delete
  11. Man, I wish I could get my hands on an ARC of this, too :( But I'm happy you're going to be reading this soon, love! The cover is pretty well-done, too. I love the typography.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cover is so super cool! Thank you Faye!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!