Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tell Me Tuesdays #13!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!


 Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon

"From the author of Outlander... a magnificent epic that once again sweeps us back in time to the drama and passion of 18th-century Scotland...

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland's majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ...and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his ....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire's spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ...and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves."




I absolutely loved and adored Outlander, the first book in the series and that was a total treat read for myself, ignoring all my schedules, cause I had grown quite obsessed with the show and Mr James Alexander Malcom McKenzie Fraser! Massive book boyfriend crush on that one I'm having!

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

12 comments:

  1. My sister is addicted to these books! She keeps trying to get me to read them, but they are not quite my cup of tea. There are hundreds of them it seems. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 8 of them so far in the series, and I wasn't interested in them before I started watching the show, got a massive crush of Mr Jamie Fraser and decided I needed to read the books!

      Delete
    2. I think there are several novellas and short stories that go with them, and I'm thinking my sister probably has them all. Lol.

      Delete
  2. The last think I need is another book boyfriend crush, but my bestie is a huge fan of this series and she'll force me to read it sooner or later. So far, I've been resisting quite bravely, but that won't last long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Jamie Fraser is the book boyfriend of all book boyfriends for me! All pale in comparison, even Barrons!! *gasps*
      If you need any help deciding to read the books or not... watch the show, Maja! You'll want to know more about Jamie! ;)

      Delete
  3. HAAAAAH. There is just no way in hell that I will read these books :p Not now, not EVER. I have read the summary for all of them. This one too. I might have liked book one. But this? No way. TWENTY YEARS. For fucks' sake. That is not okay. Not okay at all :( Sigh. I just wouldn't have liked it at all. But anyway. I do hope you will enjoy it :) Happy reading Pili. <3 and thank you for sharing about it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! The first book was amazing but the beginning of this one made me unhappy, even if I'm feeling a lil happier with it now. I'm not sure if I'll read all the books, but I'll always adore the first book!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh good choice. I am huge da of the show to burin have yet to read the books but I'm sure once this season is over I will. My need to know what's next will win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first book cause I was dying to know about the wedding! I think I'll read a few more of the books in the mid-season gap...

      Delete
  5. Jaime for evah!! Thank for being a part of tell me Tuesday xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS! I'm obsessed with both book Jamie and show Jamie! They couldn't have found an actor that could play the part better!! *fans self*

      Delete
  6. I'm loving the chalice :D I have not read (or watched) Outlander! I wish I had time :/ But even before college, I never watched much TV. Except Grimm. And The Simpsons :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!