Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Handmade Birthday!

Hallo everyone! Such a late entry!


But, it's gonna be a short one too, cause today is my birthday!! (less than an hour left here in Spain) And I just wanna share a few photos of some new food I've made today for my own (and friends & family) treat, and how I've celebrated my b-day!


Yesterday I went with two of my besties to Madrid, to try cupcakes in a few bakeries that I discovered through Objetivo Cupcake, and to buy some baking goodies at some of the shops that I found out about in the same blog! Pilu, Sara & myself started the afternoon eating sushi for lunch, yum yum!


Sara & Pilu!!


Sporting my Vivifromage Sushi top!


Afterwards, we went on search for cupcakes! We started with Happy Day Bakery, a bakery with a lot of American style and very yummy cupcakes too! I tried a Red Velvet and it was really nice!


We decided to drop by Comercial Minguez, a shop for everything baking related, and I was so overwhelmed that I only bought a pair of sprinkles and some super cute liners for Holidays time... and! I saw Alma, from Alma's Cupcakes, my future cupcake teacher! But since I wasn't sure it was her, I was a bit shy to go and ask her... silly me!


Then we went to Cream Bakery, but it was closed cause they were prepping for Sugar'09, the baking national fair that is this week, and so were other shops that I had checked online, so we decided to go back home. We've agreed we need to plan another trip for more cupcakes!


Today, for my birthday lunch, I decided I wanted to make home made mini pizzas, with goat's cheese and zucchini, and chicken brochettes! The mini pizzas recipe will be up on the blog soon, and the chicken brochettes recipe is HERE!




And in the afternoon and evening I had some friends come over, to spend some time catching up, so I baked some Chai Latte cupcakes, with a recipe from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" and instead of the suggested icing, I used a honey buttercream from a new blog I've discovered, Carrot Cake! Very yummy!!




I got some nice pressies, some of them handmade! and also spent some awesome time with friends and family, so it was a very nice birthday! Tomorrow will go back to work, with the leftover cupcakes, to share with my co-workers!



12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! What a lovely way to spend it - good food, tasty treats, and terrific friends! Oh, and presents are always a nice touch too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! I'm glad you had fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was cupcaketastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday darlin'! Looks like it was a blast. And.. I really want cupakes now haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet birthday! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, Happy Birthday! Glad it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!! :) Everything looked so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!!
    Cupcake crawl sounds like the best idea ever. I want to go to Madrid! :D
    Hope you had a fab day *hugs*
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¡Pili! Oh, qué pena no haberte felicitado en tu día. Pero nunca es tarde, aún te quedan muuuuchos días con tu nueva edad. ¡Feliz cumpleaños, guapísima!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday! You look so cute and happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so happy you had a wonderful birthday!!! you deserve such a great day for the special person that you are!!! *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!