Happy (belated) Halloween!! Halloween has to be my favourite holiday of the year, but since this year I was in Spain and at work, I didn't really get to celebrate it much. I had planned to have a blog entry with Halloween cupcakes, but I didn't manage to make them, so I'm just gonna share another yummy recipe and show off my Halloween ornaments by the very talented Ana, from Camamiel!
And now, onto the recipe. Like the Sweet & Sour Chicken, this recipe is from the Cocina Fácil (Easy Cooking) magazine, and has become one of my favourite comfort foods!
- 3/4 kg chicken breasts.
- 100 ml soy sauce.
- 100 ml honey.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Olive oil.
- Salt & pepper
- Clean the chicken and cut into bite sized cubes, salt & pepper to taste and reserve in a big bowl.
- Whisk the soy sauce and honey with a lil water. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least an hour, more if possible. Then drain the chicken cubes and fry them on a pan with olive oil.
- Pour sesame seeds in a bowl and dip the chicken pieces in them as you take them off the frying pan.
- Now it's the time to make the brochettes, put about 5 pieces of chicken on each wood/bamboo skewer, alternatively you can leave the chicken pieces as they are.
- Pour the marinade in another pan on medium heat, and stir till it becomes syrup-like, then pour it over the chicken pieces or the brochettes.
- Serve hot, don't be over eager and burn yourself, and ENJOY!