Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Song: Hijo de la Luna - Mecano!!

300 entries already!! Goodness, am I verbose or what?!? Yes my dears, today with this entry I've reached my 300th entry on this humble little blog of mine!


I don't have anything big planned, because I kinda just noticed when I cliked on new entry and saw the counter was 299... but I thought that I'd share one of my fave songs from all time with all of you for this Saturday Song, and since it's a song in Spanish from a Spanish group, I'm sure most of you haven't heard it before!


Mecano had to be the biggest Spanish group in the 80's & early 90's, they were a trio, Ana Torroja, singer and the Cano brothers, Nacho & Jose musicians and composers. Every kid in Spain born in either 80's & early 90's know of them, and their songs very well known all over Spain and Spanish speaking countries. Recently there was even a musical made with some of their most popular songs called "Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar" that was a massive success all over Spain (and I went to see twice) and was also very successful in their Mexican encarnation.




This song is called "Hijo de la Luna" (Moon's Son or Son of the Moon) and it's based on a gypsy legend, where one gypsy woman wanted to find a partner so she used one spell on the moon, so the moon will get her a lover, and in exchange the woman would give the moon her firstborn. It's a legend about love, despair, jealousy and treason.


I hope you'll like it as much as I do! Have a great weekend & Happy 300th post to me! ;)

1 comment:

  1. wow, congrats on 300 posts! i have a lot more catching up to do than i thought! ;)

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!