Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Challenges Recap: How did I do?

Hello guys!

I am in a bit of a reading slump these days, even if I have a few really cool and interesting books started, I just cannot seem to hold my attention down to read them, or even find the motivation to get sucked into them... so I'm going to do a needed Challenges recap!

I joined a total of 5 challenges in 2014 and now it's time to see how well or how bad I did at them!




This is probably the challenge I failed more completely! I really haven't read many books from my TBR pile and I've kept on adding more and more! I am not signing up for this one again, because of my absolute failure and because I've already signed up for 4 2015 challenges!

I aimed for the First Kiss level (21-30 books) and I read a total of 10!! *hangs head in shame*




I joined the Classic YA & MG challenge later in the year, in June, but this one I've done rather well, I managed to read the 8 minimum of books to join the giveaway and I'll be joining again in 2015 because I love discovering books I missed in my tweens and also taking part in the monthly discussions of the #tmgreadalong




This one I almost failed because I started great, since I was in a BIG dystopian binge the first half of the year, but then after the summer I barely read any, got burned out a bit, but then in Nov and December I read the books I needed to reach the 24 books top level: Leader!




The Review Pile Reading Challenge was one that I thought I had failed but once I checked my GR list for it and my sign up post, I realized that I did much better than I was expecting! I had aimed for the Journeyman level (11-22 books) but I read over 40! So I ended up hitting the Adept level!




This one was a challenge that I was expecting to do very well, and I must say that I failed, maybe not completely and horribly badly, but I did fail! I completed some series that were not in my original list, and completed a few that were, but I did fail to complete 6 of the series I had in my list!! O_O


I have signed up for 4 challenges for 2015, and I might also join up the Dystopian challenge if Ula from Blog of Erised decides to do it again next year!

So guys, did you sign up for any challenges for 2014? How did you do? Are you signing up for any cool challenges for 2015? Tell me!!

10 comments:

  1. Great job, Pili! I think I did pretty well with my challenges... except for maybe one or two, lol. I think my problem is I sign up for way too many!! It's a problem, really. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to limit myself for next year but dude, I have already signed up for 4, not counting the GR one!!

      Delete
  2. Aw, you did pretty great on these challenges :D You are awesome Pili. <3 And ack, you have read so many books this year. :) I don't do challenges, but they do look like fun ;p Best of luck with them all next year sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoooouuuuu Carina!! Wishing you the best on the new year too!!

      Delete
  3. Ooo, you did wel, in my opinion! My only "challenge" of 2014 was to read 150 books, and I read 211, so I'm happy :D No challenges for me in 2015 (that I've signed up for... yet). Good luck with the 2015 ones!

    Happy New Year :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa!

      I hope I'll do better in 2015!! =D Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  4. I remember all those amazing dystopian books you read at the start of the year and was impressed with your progress! You did wonderfully keeping up with all of these challenges Pili, I can't even do any others above the GR ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeann!! I hope I'll do okay on the new challenges!!

      Delete
  5. Honestly, just reading books should be a success! Who cares if you didn't reach your level, if you ended up reading books that you LOVED instead? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I just challenge myself to try and see if I can tackle my TBR pile, that I really failed at last year! ;)

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!