Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #48!!



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

What book am I dying to get my hands on this week? Starbreak by Phoebe North!




Goodreads Summary:

"The Asherah has finally reached Zehava, the long-promised planet. There, Terra finds harsh conditions and a familiar foe—Aleksandra Wolff, leader of her ship’s rebel forces. Terra and Aleksandra first lock horns with each other . . . but soon realize they face a much more dangerous enemy in violent alien beasts—and alien hunters.

Then Terra finally discovers Vadix. The boy who has haunted her dreams may be their key to survival—but his own dark past has yet to be revealed. And when Aleksandra gets humanity expelled from the planet, it’s up to Terra, with Vadix by her side, to unite her people—and to forge an alliance with the alien hosts, who want nothing more than to see humanity gone forever."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Starbreak? Last year I read Starglass and loved it! It was science fiction and I loved the different touch all the Hebrew touches to the story! Now I cannot wait to see what awaits Terra in the sequel and final book, cause this is a duology!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

22 comments:

  1. Oooo this one is new to me Pili! Love it when I find new books! I'll definitely have to go back and check out Starglass, this doesn't seem like the type of series where I can start in the middle and not be a bit lost. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for new books! And as far as I know, this will be the last book cause it's a duology! Starglass was awesome, I quite recommend it, Jenny!

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds like an awesome book :D I really hope you will love it sweetie. <3 And that it will be a great sequel :) I have not yet read book one, hih. But glad you loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to sci-fi's. I haven't heard much about this series but I'll check it out now :) Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check it out, Mari! It got compared with Across the Stars cause it happens in a spaceship and all, but it is its own story!

      Delete
  4. Ah so I always wanted to read Starglass!! Maybe I should do that now that the next one comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And since they're a duology, you can read both back to back and enjoy the series, Danny!

      Delete
  5. Oh i actually have starglass someone in my TBR pile so you've reminded me i should really go find it and read it sometime lol!
    Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Starglass was great and since the sequel comes out soon, no better time to read it, Lily! ;)

      Delete
  6. YESSSS. STARGLASS WAS AMAZING! But ugh that cliffhanger. UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that evil cliffhanger! I cannot wait for this one already!

      Delete
  7. LOL I gave away my copy of Starglass to a friend! That's okay, it had the old cover style, I like the new ones better. I hope you enjoy this one, Pili!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the new covers much better!

      Delete
  8. I really wanted to read Starglass last year, and somehow it just didn't happen. Really should do that now that I know you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good moment to read it Becca, since the sequel is coming out soon!

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of this book before but I like the sound of it, I really enjoy YA sci-fi reads! The cover is pretty neat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the redesigned covers for this series! I really liked the first book, so I recommend you give it a try, Jeann!

      Delete
  10. Hey, hey--guess what? I have Starglass, and I didn't even know it, LOL. I have to admit that that happens to me (a LOT) with indies, but not as often with books like this, so YAY! Definitely moving it up my TBR list. Great pick, Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's happened to me too! Sometimes I think "ooooh, that book sound cool!" then go buy for my kindle and I already have it! O_o
      Hope you'll enjoy it, Jessica!

      Delete
  11. I am a huge fan of sci-fi and fantasy at the moment so I will have to check this one out. I hope you get your hands on it soo, Pili. It looks so good! :)

    thanks for sharing! :D
    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the first book, Starglass, it was a great book, Alex!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!