Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #29!!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!


What book am I biting my nails waiting for release day this week? The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski!






Goodreads Summary:


"Winning what you want may cost you everything you love

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart."




Why am I eagerly awaiting The Winner's Curse? Well, look at that cover and tell if it's not instant cover lust!? Then add to it some of my blogging friends completely flailing about its awesomeness (I'm looking at you Octavia, Kristen and Carina!!) and then reading the first 5 chapters for free on my Kindle app... Well, this is a book I NEED! I cannot wait till my preordered hardcover welcomes me home when I return from my time in India!


What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

6 comments:

  1. Hiiih :D Ah, this book is just PERFECT! And I'm so so sure that you will love it. <3 I cannot wait to see what you think of it :D Best pick. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carina! I'm dying for my preorder to get home!

      Delete
  2. You can add me to that list of people raaaaving about this book! I love it so much, and I can't wait for you to read it. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great to know that I'm in for a treat, even if the wait is baaaaad! Thanks, Wendy!

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this book, Pili - I can't wait to get your thoughts! Thankfully there isn't too long to go now. I'm waiting on my hardcover too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'll love it too! This book is one of those that is a must getting it in hardcover!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!