Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #28!!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!


What book I can't wait to be out there in the world this week? Solving For Ex by LeighAnn Kopans!





Goodreads Summary:

"1 crush on your best friend +
1 gorgeous, scheming new girl +
1 Mathletics competition =
1 big mess

SIMPLIFY.

Ashley Price doesn’t have much in life after being bullied so hard she had to leave her old school to live with her aunt and uncle in Pittsburgh. But the camera she borrowed from her best friend and secret crush Brendan, and her off the charts math abilities, make things a lot more bearable. Plus, since Brendan is the captain, making the school Mathletes team should be easy.

But when gorgeous new girl Sofia rolls in and steals Brendan, Ashley's place on the team, and her fragile foothold on the Mansfield Park Prep social totem pole, it’s on. Sofia is everything Ashley left her old school to escape. The only thing Ashley didn’t count on is Sofia’s sexy twin brother Vincent.

Vincent is not only the hottest boy in school, he’s charming, sweet, and he’s got his eye on Ashley. He’s also not taking no for an answer. There's no real reason Ashley shouldn't like Vincent, but with the
battle lines being drawn between her and Sofia, Ashley’s not sure which side he’s on. Or which side she wants him to be on.

She does know Sofia is trouble with a capital T, and she’s determined to make Brendan see it.

SOLVING FOR EX is a YA contemporary romance that remixes Mansfield Park as Clueless meets Mean Girls in a crazy mix of high school society, mathletic competition, and teenage romance."




Why am I eagerly awaiting Solving For Ex by LeighAnn Kopans? Since I discovered LeighAnn's debut book, One, I've been a huge fan of her writing style and her stories, and since I read the ARC of Solving For Ex, I know she is capable of making me fall in love with a YA story set up in high school that have loads of maths references in it! A contemporary retelling of Mansfield Park that I absolutely adored? Yep, this is it!


What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

16 comments:

  1. I have an eARC of this one! It sounds fantastic, I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to read it now, Lis! It's great!

      Delete
  2. Yessssssssssss! This one sounds so freaking adorable! It's a retelling of Mansfield Park? I MUST HAVE THIS NOW.
    So yes, adorable, must have, hurry up Feb 11th!
    Great pick, Pili! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, Samantha! You know I'm not a big fan of contemporaries, but I absolutely devoured this one!
      I cannot wait till you read it!

      Delete
  3. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds good.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds just adorable! I haven't read anything by this author before but I have heard of One and that it was worth a read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's adorable and I read it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down! I do hope you'll check it, Giselle!

      Delete
  5. This one sounds so cute! I'm glad that you really like it, Pili! I have not read anything by this author, but I could fix that with this one, no? :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title of this one, great pick! And thanks for stopping by my WOW as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book :D I hope you will love it when you get to read it sweetie. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carina! I hope you'll check it out!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!