Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Reads: ARC Review of Enders by Lissa Price!

This week's Friday Reads is a book that is part of two of my challenges, the 2014 Dystopian Reading Challenge and the 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge!

I was approved for Enders via NetGalley so thanks a lot to the people of Random House Children's!






Enders (Starters, #2)Enders by Lissa Price

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Enders was the second book in what I think it's a duology. I was approved for this one via NetGalley, thank you Random House Children's!

It was quite great being able to read Starters and Enders back to back, and even though this series didn't blow my mind, it was an interesting dystopian!

I will be trying to keep this review as spoiler free as possible, but there might be spoilers for Starters.

Enders starts very much where Starters left us, with Callie having a reprieve and getting what she wanted for her brother, but not feeling entirely safe. Since she was modified for Prime Destinations, apparently she can be accessed remotely by the Old Man, and that makes her life full of uncertainity.

Callie finds herself constantly on the run trying to find a way to get rid of her chip and to avoid being controlled. She meets some unlikely allies and things start getting more interesting with every turn of the page. Callie and her allies start growing and trying to find a way to fight back and recover their lives and find away to get rid of their chips.

We get some old characters returning and some new ones that you aren't really sure if you should trust, but that add some unexpected twists to the story, the plot and even the romance.

If there's one thing Enders does very well is on keeping you on your toes, with surprises and twists that you really don't see coming! You're not very sure of who is going to betray you and who is really the bad guy until the very end, where Callie is forced on a showdown to protect herself and the ones she love.

The ending was quite satisfying and gave us enough closure along with an open enough ending to maybe add something more to the series down the line... maybe not a third book but a novella. But even if there isn't more, it's a complete story as it is. 3.5 stars for this one.



View all my reviews

8 comments:

  1. I liked STARTERS but I haven't gotten around to reading ENDERS yet! I do like twists and turns in thrillers like these, and I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied by the ending. I was curious whether this was a duology too, and I think you answered my question.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure if it's a duology, but with how it ended I think it doesn't need another book!
      Thanks Wendy!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't too happy with the first book so I don't see any reason to read this, by all accounts a much weaker, installment. I'm glad it was exciting from start to finish and that the ending was so satisfactory. That's something, at least.
    Lovely review, Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maja! I read the duology cause it was a dystopian and I got approved for this one on NetGalley.
      It wasn't the most memorable series ever, but it was entertaining enough.

      Delete
  3. Awesome review :D I'm glad you kind of liked this series. I own both books but not sure when I will feel like reading them, lol (A) Yay for getting approved :) And I'm happy you liked the ending. That is always a plus :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you enjoyed it Pili, even thought it wasn't the best dystopian. I've heard heaps of this series and I'm not sure I'll rush to read it. Lovely review!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!