Thursday, July 12, 2012

Travelling Thursday: Agra and the Taj Mahal!

Hello there!


Finally, another blog entry. I seriously have been doing a crap job at updating blog, even though I've been back from India for 12 days already, and my laptop has been working perfectly fine (and I've made sure the coffee or any other berverages have been placed far, far way from it), my motivation to blog has been in historical lows... Truth be told, not just to blog, I haven't baked at all (though not having AC in the house, with nice sunny summer hot days makes you dread using the oven) and I have an INSANE backlog of photos to edit, since MARCH! 


Oh well, it seems that I am a wee bit more motivated today, so I've been thinking of what to blog, and after a  bit of look back on my blog, I don't I've properly shown you all the photos I took on my visit to Agra and the Taj Mahal, on my first visit to India, all the way back in 2007!


The Taj Mahal is one of those places everyone wants to see, and that every one has seen so many photos of it... you might even wonder on the way to see: will it live up to the hype or will it disappoint me in person? Well, rest assured... it is a sight worth all the heat, all the plane hours and car hours in crappy Indian roads and all the queueing you might have to do!




The first moment you go through the entrance door and see it standing there, shining white in the sun... it's just amazing! One of those feelings you can't just explain with words, you just have to feel it. I'm not talking about mystical stuff, but it is such a thing of beauty to behold!










No, I'm not frowning, it was just too damned sunny! Even if September is still moonsoon season, we got a very sunny day, which looks lovely for the photos, but was horrible for me, cause I was without sunglasses!







Up close, the white marble reflects the sun so much, I could barely open my eyes, cause they'd star watering like mad! I have brown eyes, so I can't imagine what it'd be for someone with the more sensitive, lighter coloured eyes!







The carvings all over it and the inlaid work was absolutely breathtaking... The Taj Mahal being one of the Wonders of the World is very much deserved!




7 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the story behind the Taj Mahal, the intense and endless love of the Maharajah to his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am jealous. I would love to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such awesome pictures! One day I will visit it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are so beautiful! I would love to visit there one day. And I am glad you haven't had any spilling mishaps...would you believe I almost spilled water on my keyboard today? Don't you think I should know better by now?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pili, that looks fantastic! Such a great trip. I'd love to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi thank you for the information. i was searching for the same thing your post is very useful to me.taj mahal tours.

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!