Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tell Me Tuesdays #35!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome La La In The Library, where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!




Into The Dim by Janet B Taylor


“Seventy-two hours, then we have to be back at the clearing. Sunrise on the third day.”

Being “the homeschooled girl,” in a small town, Hope Walton’s crippling phobias and photographic memory don’t help her fit in with her adoptive dad’s perfectly blonde Southern family. But when her mother is killed in a natural disaster thousands of miles from home, Hope’s secluded world crumbles. After an aunt she’s never met invites her to spend the summer in Scotland, Hope discovers that her mother was more than a brilliant academic. She’s a member of a secret society of time travelers, and is actually trapped in the twelfth century in the age of King Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine. Now Hope must conquer her numerous fears and travel back in time to help rescue her mother before she’s lost for good. Along the way, she’ll discover more family secrets, and a mysterious boy who could be vital to setting her mother free… or the key to Hope’s undoing.

Addictive, romantic, and rich with historical detail, Into the Dim is an Outlander for teens.



 An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet

 Six months ago, the men of the lakelands marched south to fight a dark god.

Weeks after the final battle was won, sixteen-year-old Hallie and her sister, Marthe, are still struggling to maintain their family farm—and are waiting for Marthe’s missing husband to return. After a summer of bitter arguments, Hallie is determined to get Roadstead Farm through the winter—and keep what’s left of her family together, despite an inheritance destined to drive them apart.

But when Hallie hires a wandering veteran in a bid to save the farm, every phantom the men marched south to fight arrives at her front gate. Spider-eyed birds circle the fields, ghostly messages writes themselves on the riverbank, and soon Hallie finds herself keeping her new hired hand’s despite desperate secrets—and taking dangerous risks. But as she fights to keep both the farm and her new friend safe, ugly truths about her own family are emerging—truths that, amid gods, monsters, and armies, might tear Roadstead Farm apart.

Leah Bobet’s stark, beautiful fantasy explores the aftermath of the battles we fight and the slow, careful ways love can mend broken hearts—and a broken world.



I was lucky enough to grab Into The Dim when it was a Read It Now on NetGalley, and An Inheritance of Ashes is one of my backlogged eARCs that I didn't get to read on time, so now I'm working on my list to try and finally achieve and consolidate the ever ellusive 80% ratio! Right now I'm at 79%... SO CLOSE!!

 So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

18 comments:

  1. Ooooo so excited for Into the Dim Pili! I have high hopes for it so I've got my fingers crossed that it lives up to them! Can't wait to see what you think of both:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope I can finish them both soon!! =D

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think about AN Inheritance of Ashes. I got a copy from my book club Secret Santa and it definitely sounds like my kind of book. We have similar tastes so I can't wait to hear how you liked it.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know once I'm done with it, Cas!

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh how are you liking Into The Dim?! I cant wait to read it! I wasnt too much of a fan of AIOA. I think I dnf'ed it ;-( I hope it goes better for you dear!
    ❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you roomie! I'm really liking Into the Dim so far!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my god I LOVE that cover for Into the Dim! Also, it sounds so amazing! I hope you're enjoying it! Oooh, An Inheritance of Ashes sounds so good!

    You're almost at 80%! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 79% whoo hoo, that's just one more book for 80%! I am still steamed about An Inheritance of Ashes. I emailed the publisher and told them my EW copy didn't download and they never replied. Faye's copy didn't download, either. It was one of my most anticipateds from 2015. I will be looking forward to what you think about it. And thanks for TMTing, lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was seriously crappy! I do hope you'll grab it for cheap at some point to at least you can read it!

      Delete
  6. I hope both Into the Dim and An Inheritance are good! I have them too! Haha. Let me know! :)

    I am reading a backlogged ARC right now for the Clean Slate Read-a-Thon. My goal is to get 4 books read this week and I just picked some 2015 titles I wanted to read the most. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO Jess, you can do it! I need to clear my ARC backlog too!

      Delete
  7. I decided against Into the Dim! I don't want to deal with another series, or another time-travel book - especially if they are both! My heart can't take it LOL.

    I disliked An Inheritance of Ashes! I hope you enjoy it more than I did. >:)

    I'm currently reading The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury! 50% and really liking it.

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on how much I like Into The Dim, I might end up pushing it on you once the sequel is out or something! ;)

      Yay for really liking The Forbidden WIsh, I have it preordered!!

      Delete
  8. Good luck reading these two books Pili :D They both do sound so interesting. <3 Probably not books for me, but I cannot wait to see what you think of them both :D Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I've seen so much about Into the Dim and I hope you adore it! :D

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!