Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tell Me Tuesdays #34!!





Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome La La In The Library, where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!



Vicious by V.E. Schwab


Victor and Eli started out as college roommates—brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extraordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong. 

Ten years later, Victor breaks out of prison, determined to catch up to his old friend (now foe), aided by a young girl whose reserved nature obscures a stunning ability. Meanwhile, Eli is on a mission to eradicate every other super-powered person that he can find—aside from his sidekick, an enigmatic woman with an unbreakable will. Armed with terrible power on both sides, driven by the memory of betrayal and loss, the archnemeses have set a course for revenge—but who will be left alive at the end?

Vicious is the first one of my buddy reads with LaLa for this month, both as part of the #RockMyTBR challenge for the both of us! I'm quite loving the book so far, even if I'm not even halfway with it!! Hopefully I'll have more reading time tonight to read it!!

So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!

14 comments:

  1. Firsts is killing me! You know how I hate explicit sexual descriptions in YA. I will be so happy to get back to reading Vicious. Ha ha. Thanks for TMTing, lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear Firsts is being so difficult for you! I hope you'll be done soon!

      Delete
  2. Oooo can't wait to read your thoughts on this one Pili! Glad to know it's a winner so far, hopefully it ends as strong as it's started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Jenny!! I'll let you know if it's a must read!

      Delete
  3. I really need to read this one. I love Victoria's writing!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds fantastic! Just like everything Victoria writes!
    I'm almost done with GATU! and I'm loving it so much!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So happy to hear you're loving GATU!! =D Met me yet?? ;)

      Delete
  5. I wasn't crazy about Victoria's The Archived, but I was told to read her adult novels. So I am definitely going to give this one a go!

    I'm actually reading The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn! I'm almost done and am using it as part of the Finishing the Series challenge, since I started the 1st book in December! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can highly recommend ADSOM, it was one of my top 10 (I'd even say top 5) books of last year!!

      Delete
  6. Fitting, as I have just read A Gathering of Shadows! :D I have not read Vicious but I definitely plan on doing so in the future! I'm currently reading and LOVE The Rogue by Katharine Ashe. It's an HR novel, and it's currently on sale (and it's a preorder) for $1.99! I highly recommend it. ;) Although I have about a third left. BUT STILL. It is delicioussssssss. :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, totally going to check and see if it's on sale on Amazon ES too!! =D

      Delete
  7. Yay for reading Vicious :D I saw that you rated it four stars. <3 I did too. Glad you enjoyed it :) Hugs. (Though that ending was EVIL.) Happy reading sweetest Pili :) I hope you will have an awesome weekend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! And you are so right, that ending was evil!! At least we now know we'll have a sequel coming!! Hope you'll have a lovely weekend sweetie!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!