Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #19!!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

This week the book I'm biting-my-nails-while-waiting-for-release-day is Unhinged by A.G. Howard!



Goodreads summary:

"Alyssa Gardner has been down the rabbit hole and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the guy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly seductive Morpheus and the vindictive Queen Red. Now all she has to do is graduate high school and make it through prom so she can attend the prestigious art school in London she's always dreamed of.

That would be easier without her mother, freshly released from an asylum, acting overly protective and suspicious. And it would be much simpler if the mysterious Morpheus didn’t show up for school one day to tempt her with another dangerous quest in the dark, challenging Wonderland—where she (partly) belongs.

As prom and graduation creep closer, Alyssa juggles Morpheus’s unsettling presence in her real world with trying to tell Jeb the truth about a past he’s forgotten. Glimpses of Wonderland start to bleed through her art and into her world in very disturbing ways, and Morpheus warns that Queen Red won’t be far behind.

If Alyssa stays in the human realm, she could endanger Jeb, her parents, and everyone she loves. But if she steps through the rabbit hole again, she'll face a deadly battle that could cost more than just her head."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Unhinged? Well, aside from the obvious cover lust, I absolutely loved Splintered as a creepy and stunning retelling of Alice In Wonderland and I was beyond delighted when I heard that there was more to the story! I just can't wait to read more about Alyssa, Jeb & Morpheus... and even more after reading The Moth & The Mirror!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

18 comments:

  1. unf, this cover! so delicious ;) ;) Splintered was good, but the rabbit definitely gave me a nightmare that first night! Excited for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's even more gorgeous than the Splintered one and that's saying something! I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. I never read Splintered - despite owning the book, and the heroine's name is the same as mine. Oh well! I aim to read it sometime soon :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggest a binge reading once this one comes out! I love love LOVED Splintered!

      Delete
  3. Good one. I've heard great things about Splintered but have yet to pick it up. I'm not too sure if I'm one for Alice in Wonderland stories but you never know until you try :)

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would of course recommend that you do try it, Mari, it is one of my fave retellings of Alice in Wonderland!

      Delete
  4. I've heard so much about Splintered, not sure why I haven't picked this up yet. Thanks for sharing Pili!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do hope you check it out, Jeann! It is quite probably my favourite retelling of Alice in Wonderland!

      Delete
  5. Awesome pick Pili :D I cannot wait to read it either. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carina! I'm so excited for this one!

      Delete
  6. I seem to be the only one who was never able to muster up any enthusiasm whatsoever for this series. I think it's mostly because of Jeb, whom I dislike intensely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Morpheus has a bigger part in this book, so maybe you'll like this one more? But yeah, we can't all like all the same books! Thanks for dropping by, Maja!

      Delete
  7. I'm still trying to get through my 2013 ARC's, but as soon as I do, Unhinged will be the first ARC I read, The covers of this series are probably the best I've seen this year. I hope you enjoy!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also trying to finish all my 2013 ARCs and get a head start on early Jan eARCs so the moment my preordered hardcover arrives, I'll dive into it and ignore the world!

      Delete
    2. I'll bet the hardcover will be gorgeous. I have a hardcover of Splintered, and it is SO pretty.

      Delete
    3. Agreed! With the purple font and all that, Splintered was a gem! I can't wait to see the hardcover of this one!

      Delete
  8. Yay! We're both waiting on the same book this week! I can't wait to read more about Howard's Wonderland and I need more Morpheus.
    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!