Monday, August 19, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: Mind Games by Kiersten White!

For yet another Mark This Book Monday entry, this book was different than I was expecting, but as it happened, in a good way.

Mind Games (Mind Games #1)Mind Games by Kiersten White

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Writing a review for Mind Games and keep it spoiler free is not gonna be easy, but I'm gonna try my best.

For starters is quite a different kind of book from what I've read recently, and very different in style and theme from the author's previous series, Paranormalcy. It's more raw and with two not-very-reliable narrators.

Fia and Anna are two sisters who lose their parents in a tragic accident and get a chance to join a school for girls with extraordinary gifts. Fia has flawless insticts and Anna's sight is not outwards but inwards, she's blind and she can see the future.

Fia's instincts tell her that there's something very wrong with the school, but both girls are very young when they join and Anna thinks that it'd be the best chance for both of them. But Fia is never wrong and there's something very wrong at that school, and soon neither of the girls is sure who is the one kept as hostage and who is the one they actually value the most. Both girls are highly protective of each other and love each other fiercely and that is used to keep them in line.

The story is told from the perspective of both Fia and Anna, and keeps on moving from the past to the present, and even if it's a slow way of trying to put all the pieces together and figure out what's going on from two very different perspectives, since none of the sisters can see the full picture despite their gifts, it managed to keep me pondering and turning pages trying to figure out what would happen next!

There's a bit of romance in the book, but I'm not sure if I like Fia's choices or what exactly those choices are, cause she seems to be going against her instincts but not really? James and Adam play a small but big part on how events play out, or even better, not big actions but big reactions to the part they play.

The ending was quite a shock and left me awaiting eagerly, and quite puzzled, the sequel. I really have no idea where the story is gonna go from here and I can't wait to find out!

A very solid 4 stars for this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!