Monday, August 19, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: Biting Bad by Chloe Neill!

And for the final Mark This Book Monday of the week, the next instalment on a series I'm still happily enjoying!

Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)Biting Bad by Chloe Neill

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Sometimes a favourite series seems to be losing steam as the books keep on coming and I end up losing interest, but I'm very happy to say that so far it isn't happening with the Chicagoland Vampires series. Biting Bad is the 8th book in the series and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Because it is the 8th book it's gonna be quite impossible for me to not post spoilers, and probably unwittingly big ones for the previous books, but I will try my best to not have any for Biting Bad itself.

Merit is trying to patch up her friendship with Mallory and they decide to go have some time for themselves and have some amazing pizza, but their plans go totally awry when a riot breaks out in Chicago against vampires, targeting the biggest supplier of blood for vampires in the city, Blood4You. They try to avoid the violence but end up having to do some fighting to get away from the riots and not just Merit is the one fighting, Mallory ends up using some her magic, which ends up with them discussing her progress on controlling her abilities and what will she be doing with her magic from now on.

That riot is just the start and Merit and the Cadogan vampires along with Jonah her RG partner have to try and figure out who's behind the riots and what's their real intent before Chicago turns against vampires as a whole again. Stakes get even higher when the GP decides to put an even bigger strain on the Cadogan vampires and the rioters end up targeting Merit's family.

This book has the right mix of action, mystery, politics and romance to keep me entertained, ponder on who the bad guy it is, laugh at Merit and Ethan's puns and swoon on occasion due to Ethan's Ethan-ness!

Then ending was quite a "oh no, you don't!" kind of an ending that has me now quite excited about the next book!

This series continues to be one of my solid favourites and Biting Bad is a solid 4 stars.



View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this one too. The series DID lose some steam around the 4tha nd 5th installment, but now I feel that we're right back on track.
    I love that Ethan and Merit now face things together, as opposed to the previous installments where they were totally insecure. It was about time.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Maja, they did have a pair of less solid books, but unlike other series I've abandoned I'm really glad this one did manage to get back up with good books!

      Delete
  2. I only skimmed your review, as I've yet to read the previous books. We're 8 books in now?! I'm so behind! I read the first couple and enjoyed them well enough, so I'll definitely have to continue with the series soon. I'm glad to hear it's still going strong for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear what you think of this series when you get to it, Sam!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!