Monday, May 13, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger!

Hello everyone!

Finally, I'm back on Monday with a Mark This Book Monday entry! Hopefully, it'll be more than one, if I don't distract myself too much by reading!

For this first entry, I have to introduce you to Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger!



This book was a very pleasant surprise. The 4 stars kind of pleasant surprise!

When I first read about it, I was very intrigued, since it was about sylphs that could manipulate wind, but I wasn't so sure about the romance.

I decided to give it a go, and it really captured me. The alternate points of view worked perfectly for me, as did all the revelations and world building that came with each one. The progression of the story keeps you hooked, with every bit of information making you want to learn more. And the characters, well, what can I say, I love how both point of views let you see both of them through their own eyes and through the other's eyes.

I have to say I loved how very consequent both Audra and Vane are with the way events and consequences of those events have shaped them, and how their choices continue to be in character with who they are, and how they begin to change by interacting with each other. Vane discovers that he is an air elemental, and the last one of his kind, and to add to that, he is in danger and needs to learn to defend himself and use his powers in a matter of days. Audra needs to teach Vane about himself and his powers so he'll be able to help her fight the enemy, and does it out of guilt, out of duty and because it has shaped who she has become.

The building up to the climax is quite effective, and the twist at the end, though not completely unexpected in hindsight, it is quite effective.

The ending is not exactly a cliffhanger, but it does leave you wanting to read book two for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I definitely like the sound of this book. It's great to hear that the different points of view worked well. I'm still not sure how I feel about alternating points of view, though I have been appreciating them more recently. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not always very sure about alternating points of view, but when done right they can add a lot to the narrative, and I definitely liked how it worked in this book!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!