Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Munchies: Cold Curry Rice!

Hello everyone! Happy Monday! And even more, Happy Cyber Monday!


I know, I know, this is my 200th blog entry, and I should have something better for it than just a recipe entry, but since I've already missed a full week of blogging, being on vacation can do that kind of stuff to you... I have decided to push back my intended "Etiquette for Etsy and/or online buyers" post till some other time, maybe the 250th entry?


And it's not like I have enough time off, since poor G still has to go in the morning to work while I either go back to sleep or grab a cup of tea and snuggle to read or check the web... except for last week when we went to Darjeeling to have more tea than water and see the views of the Himalayas!


In my experience, vacation makes me lazy! So, without further ado, I leave you with the recipe for this Monday!



Cold Curry Rice

Serves 4

Ingredients:

- - 300 gr rice

- -- 1 teaspoon curry

- - 100 gr raisins

- - 2 apples

- - 1/2 lemon squeezed

- - Pinch of salt


Method:

- - Re-hydrate the raisins in warm water for about 15-20 minutes.

- - In the meantime, put a pan of water with salt on high heat, and add the rice as it starts to boil. Stir the rice and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.

- - Mix the curry with water and add it to the rice. Stir it in and put the lid on the pan. Let it simmer for 10 more minutes. Then drain well and put it a wide bowl, stir well till the rice is fluffy and not all stickied up. Let it cool.

- - Wash the apples, cut them up in halves and core them. Chop them and pour the lemon juice over them, so they will not brown. Drain the raisins and mix with the rice. Add the apple chunks too. Mix and serve cold.

If you substitute the water for boiling the rice for vegetable broth, it’ll be even tastier.

5 comments:

  1. Yum!!! That looks SO GOOD!!!

    So jealous of your time in Darjeeling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!
    Congratulations for your 200th blog entry! What else can be better than a recite entry? :)
    Espero que lo estés pasando muy bien y que descanses todo lo que necesites. ¡Para eso están las vacaciones!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curry is one of my favorite ingredients in the world! We frequently visit a local Indian restaurant that isn't even particularly close to our house just to get our fix. Perhaps we'll have to give this recipe a try. It sounds yummy!

    Happy 200th post to one of my FAVORITE bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back!!!! :) it's about time, too- i was suffering from pili blog post withdrawal! haha :)
    glad you're home safe and sound!

    a BIG heartfelt congratulations on your 200th blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were yesterday in an Indian restaurant. I love that kind of food. Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!