Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #49!!


 
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

What book am I hoping-it-get-here-already-cause-I-can't-wait this week? Gates of Thread And Stone by Lori M Lee!!



Goodreads Summary:

"In the Labyrinth, we had a saying: keep silent, keep still, keep safe.

In a city of walls and secrets, where only one man is supposed to possess magic, seventeen-year-old Kai struggles to keep hidden her own secret—she can manipulate the threads of time. When Kai was eight, she was found by Reev on the riverbank, and her “brother” has taken care of her ever since. Kai doesn’t know where her ability comes from—or where she came from. All that matters is that she and Reev stay together, and maybe one day move out of the freight container they call home, away from the metal walls of the Labyrinth. Kai’s only friend is Avan, the shopkeeper’s son with the scandalous reputation that both frightens and intrigues her.

Then Reev disappears. When keeping silent and safe means losing him forever, Kai vows to do whatever it takes to find him. She will leave the only home she’s ever known and risk getting caught up in a revolution centuries in the making. But to save Reev, Kai must unravel the threads of her past and face shocking truths about her brother, her friendship with Avan, and her unique power."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Gates of Thread And Stone? Well, I had been following Lori on Twitter for a while once she announced that she was going to publish her book and when I read the summary I was hooked! A girl that can manipulate the threads of time? A city that is a Labyrinth? A girl that doesn't know about her past?? I cannot wait to read all about it! And I've been so much in the mood for fantasy as of late!

What are you all (im)patiently awaiting this week?

23 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis is making me really curious!! :D I hope we both enjoy this one when when we read it, Pili :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES PILI! I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY LIFE!!! As is evidenced by my screaming at you in all caps:) This sounds just a touch like Sanctum by Sarah Fine which I LOVED so I'm really excited to get my hands on this one. Can't wait to find out what we both think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so damned excited! I cannot wait to read it and I hope we both will love it!

      Delete
  3. OMG THAT BOOK IS SO BEAUTIFUL and I eagerly need it. What I'm eagerly waiting for is A Cold Legacy by Megan Miranda (COME SOONER.) I hope that you will enjoy this one, Pili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! Isn't it just gorgeous!?

      Delete
  4. YES! You know I want this one too! Not too much longer to wait either. <3

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully only a lil over a month! I hope we'll both love it!

      Delete
  5. You chose well this week. :) This book looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlin, I'm so excited for this one!

      Delete
  6. Ooh this sounds cool! I love the title for one, and both the cover and premise makes me want to read it. I'm fascinated with everything that has to do with manipulating time and time travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm a big sucker for anything and everything time travelling, I blame The Doctor!! ;)

      Delete
  7. I actually just got this one from NetGalley! I've been waiting to read it for quite some time as well. Hope you enjoy it when you read it, Pili!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you got a direct link sent? Cause I haven't seen it on Netgalley and I've checked...
      But YAY cannot wait to see what you think of it!! =D

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for this one either, Pili! The premise, the cover, the author's journey…all of it is so fantastic! Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I cannot wait for my preorder(s)! I was following Lori in Twitter before she got her book deal and it's being super interesting to see how the process was!

      Delete
  9. I really want to read this one, too. The cover is gorgeous and the typography and color palette is enough to make me drool. Errrm *wipes saliva off with her back hand*

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, stunning stunning piece! So much that I had preordered an eBook and I've also bought a hardcover cause it's THAT pretty!

      Delete
  10. I'm excited about this one too. It's one of my preorders, and is it bad that the cover was the primary motivator, LOL? You'd think I'd learn . . . but you'd be wrong ;) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for pretty covers too! Hoping we won't be disappointed by what's inside the cover!

      Delete
  11. I have seen this gorgeous cover lots of times; but haven't read the summary until now. And ohh. GORGEOUS :D Yeah. I'm going to pre-order this one, lol. <3 It sounds awesome. Amazing pick sweetie :) I hope you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound fantastic, doesn't it? I'm so excited for it! I hope we both will love it! =D

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!